Fuffuloo's Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuffuloo

I joined the forums. I read the stickies. I read every topic in the first five pages of the pep/cardboard armor. And now, I am ready to begin.​

I just went to staples to get cardstock and some other supplies. I am about to start rearranging and scaling. I am pretty poor as of right now, so I'm mooching off my parents for the most part as far as money goes. I want to start with something simple to get the feel for it, so, what piede should I start with? Chestplate? Thigh? I hope to post pics of my progress soon, but I think my dad has the camera.

Last edited by a moderator:
Um i guess its better to get the hard parts out of the way so start with the Helmet, then the Chestplate, and the rest are pretty much easier. Thats what I did.

Fuffuloo 117 said:
Thanks, that helps a lot.

what piece is easiest to scale?
What do you mean easier? You basically just put a specific number for your scale and boom its done and works for every piece. Unless you mean less pages or something

hmm... I dont know what I was thinking at the time, but I know it was a real question, not the dumb one i accedentally posted. I'll think about it...

Edit: Do I use the same scale for each piece? I got the impression from the scaling forum that you did.

Fuffuloo 117 said:
hmm... I dont know what I was thinking at the time, but I know it was a real question, not the dumb one i accedentally posted. I'll think about it...

Edit: Do I use the same scale for each piece? I got the impression from the scaling forum that you did.

The Helmet you might have to add a couple of inches (like 3 or 4) to your height for the scale, I made mine 2 more inches and its still a little cramped :p

As for the other pieces, it depends on your body size, like if your fat or skinny you would either have to increase it or decrease. Im probably either gonna keep it at the scale the told for my height or decrease it a bit since I'm a bit skinny.

When it comes to scaling, the easiest & quickest method is to print one specific piece that you can cut out and see if it fits. For the helmet I usualy use the underside of the visor... For the chest, the neckline, etc...

Wolf

Okay, I got pics:
Here's what I'm going to use for gluing. It's easy to use, and if It isn't strong I'll go over it in hot or super glue or somthing like that.
[attachment=515:IM000622.JPG]
Here's my cardstock.
[attachment=516:IM000623.JPG]
what the glue pen looks like.
[attachment=517:IM000624.JPG]
For all you perfectionists like me out there, here's the "right" way to open the cardstock.
[attachment=518:IM000627.JPG]
Back of the cardstock pack.
[attachment=519:IM000628.JPG]
what the aplicattor(sp?) looks like.
[attachment=520:IM000629.JPG]
Now I'm on to scaling and printing.

Update: Finished printing the chestplate!

I'm guessing you hit your upload limit - it's something like 4-4.5MB, and none of those pictures you attached are compressed.

Oh, and I tried all sorts of glue techniques, super glue, glue sticks, hot glue, and I suggest you skip all others and head straight for the hot glue gun. It's cheap and very, very effective.

Boomer said:
I'm guessing you hit your upload limit - it's something like 4-4.5MB, and none of those pictures you attached are compressed.

Oh, and I tried all sorts of glue techniques, super glue, glue sticks, hot glue, and I suggest you skip all others and head straight for the hot glue gun. It's cheap and very, very effective.
Put the pictures in another post... :\

I tried putting them in another post-it didn't work. It says i run out of space or something like that.

yea, you probibly have. if you up load them to somewhere like photobucket and then get the image link and post it it'll work. good start so far. oh and ide recomend skipping the others and going streight to hot glue. safest bet(not for your fingers doe :lol: ).

TA-DA

H3_helm02-1.jpg

oops, you're right. be back in a minute with pics.
Edit: here are my most recent pics:

Me in my new backpack-
im000668.jpg

does it look the right size?

My desk-
im000631.jpg

My archery tounament trophy-
im000632.jpg

My bone-folder thingy-
(What I use to get awesome creases.)
im000633.jpg

My ruler and penz-
im000634.jpg

My poster-
im000636.jpg

My copy of the halo 3 egm.
im000642.jpg

I was about to start workin' on the helmet last night, but our printer ran out of ink. Dang.
I'll keep ya posted on my progress. Comments appreciated.

Oh noes! I left my awesome glue pen that I am convinced are better than hot, burny, stretchy, hot glue out last night with the cap off. It dried on the applicator thingy and now it is all hard. It won't squirt glue out smoothly anymore. I tried washing it and poking it with a mechanical pencil. That didn't work either. I decided to just squeeze a hard as I could. Bad idea. PLOOPP! It squirted out the side and landed in a pile on the very edge of my gluing platform/Cheerio's box. But with error comes progress!-I figured out a better way to glue! I dipped a Q-Tip in my newfound glue puddle and painted it on my next flap. It works even better that way!!! Now, I just squirt out a pile of glue and dip in a Q-Tip and voila! I think this is the best way to glue.

I'll keep ya posted. Comments appreciated!

Fuffuloo 117 said:
Oh noes! I left my awesome glue pens that I am convinced are better than hot, burny, stretchy, hot glue out last night with the cap off. It dried on the applicator thingy and now it is all hard. It won't squirt glue out smoothly anymore. I tried washing it and poking it with a mechanical pencil. That didn't work either. I decided to just squeeze a hard as I could. Bad idea. PLOOPP! It squirted out the side and landed in a pile on the very edge of my gluing platform/Cheerio's box. But with error comes progress!-I figured out a better way to glue! I dipped a Q-Tip in my newfound glue puddle and painted it on my next flap. It works even better that way!!! Now, I just squirt out a pile of glue and dip in a Q-Tip and voila! I think this is the best way to glue.

I'll keep ya posted. Comments appreciated!

What the heck is with all the really really random pictures?

Sorry 'bout that. Just wanted to show off my stuff. Just ignore them if you have to. I'll delete them later if the need arises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back