Full custom REACH build, FREE HAND, NO PEP

Status
Not open for further replies.
subscribed...

this looks incredible... if/when i do start a full suit build i'm definitely gonna use foam in it. this build has blown my mind, i never thought a free hand scratch built suit could look so good. keep up the amazing work...

subscribed...

this looks incredible... if/when i do start a full suit build i'm definitely gonna use foam in it. this build has blown my mind, i never thought a free hand scratch built suit could look so good. keep up the amazing work...

Thanks heaps bro! :D
Do it man, foam is super easy to work with and really rewarding, ill definitely follow ur build if u decide to go for it!

Thanks for the epic feed back, much appreciated

Simply amazing, I am new to the armor creating business and just picked up some foam. I plan to do something similar to this and I am asking for any tips you might be able to give me. :)

Simply amazing, I am new to the armor creating business and just picked up some foam. I plan to do something similar to this and I am asking for any tips you might be able to give me. :)

Cheers man. Yeah sweetaz no problem. First off buy a decent craft knife, it might be pricey but it will be worth it when u get to under way. The best tip i have would be to make your templates in paper first, and make sure they fit your body and proportions, then commit them to foam because it can be a costly mistake to jump straight to foam and realize it doesn't fit properly.

If you want to do freehand work but want it to be symmetrical, draw one half of your template out and then fold your paper down the middle and then cut it out while its folded, the half you already drew will become two parts because its repeated itself when u cut out the template while the papers folded, it saves heaps of time and means u only have to draw half each time. If you do this but need to see lines you've drawn on the other side, just go over the lines of the drawn side while its folded firmly and you'll mark the oposite side and then u just draw over that. Bam! , u got a symmetrical template

Another tip is when i wanted detail on a piece of armor, instead of adding or cutting pieces away id simply cut all the detail from one piece and then glue it back together at different levels, so raised detail would simply mean u glue the piece back where it was but the base of the side of the cut off piece would line up with the top of the width of the foam of the main piece, and then the opposite for indented detail.

Also dont be stingy on the hot glue, after u glue it together, flip it over and run ur glue gun down the seam on the inside, basically just squeeze a bunch of glue along the line, this will reinforce your armor.

Um also just make it as cheap as possible, that way u wont lose interest when the project hits hard on the bank account. My entire suit only cost about $180 dollars to make, so if i can budget, u can too

Hope that helped man

Thanks that really helped, but I think im going to start with pepakura for now and then move on to foam, I tried foam at first but it looked really messed up.

Thanks that really helped, but I think im going to start with pepakura for now and then move on to foam, I tried foam at first but it looked really messed up.

Go hard dude, but seriously iv'e seen a few pep builds on this site and they take months, sometimes even a year or two to finish, and a lot of money seems to go into the chemicals and sealants needed to make them hard. This suit took me two weeks, and a few hours after for touch ups to complete, and i spent no more then $180 bux. Not saying peps a bad idea, just that foam is a lot easier when u figure out how to use it

Yeah I think im gonna go back to foam, because I have spent 2 days pepping only one forearm. Im going to look into getting something better to cut my foam with becuase before it looked jagged and just aweful.

Yeah I think im gonna go back to foam, because I have spent 2 days pepping only one forearm. Im going to look into getting something better to cut my foam with becuase before it looked jagged and just aweful.

Haha yeah pep is quite tedious ae. Craft scalpels are quite good and they respond well under the hand when cutting foam, they don't catch too often which stops the edges becoming jagged

I might try and get a video of this suit together just to show you guys the mobility and get it in some good lighting, camera flashes aint the best haha

424096_3454657602628_1156454192_5101957_1097640353_n.jpg

Somethings out of place here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back