FX Plasma sword!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Words cannot adequately express how much I need one of those. Maybe a little bit of airbrushing and presto! :eek:

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW. Sick!

The only thing about buying stuff is, its kinda lame saying:

"Oh I made this entire suit of armor, except for the coolest part which is the sword" :eek:

LukeTrocity said:
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW. Sick!

"Oh I made this entire suit of armor, except for the coolest part which is the sword" :eek:

True.
All the same i'd be freaking proud to own one of these beauties.

Last edited by a moderator:
LukeTrocity said:
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW. Sick!

Just make sure that the rest of your armor is at least as cool as the sword - problem solved!

DogWizard said:
Just make sure that the rest of your armor is at least as cool as the sword - problem solved!
I'm not sure thats possible though. Something about the lighting of the unit or something. I dunno, just looks nuts

Sean's is soooo much better, that one is just a look a like to the lazertag one coming out this year.... it probably is the same one... lame. I've got a Sword handle from him... its not the cheap stuff that you'll be getting here, he puts time and $ into his stuff, not like the 'big boys' who go for cheapest and easiest to produce

Xavier said:
Sean's is soooo much better, that one is just a look a like to the lazertag one coming out this year.... it probably is the same one... lame. I've got a Sword handle from him... its not the cheap stuff that you'll be getting here, he puts time and $ into his stuff, not like the 'big boys' who go for cheapest and easiest to produce

Well I'll still be getting one. I think it looks the shnizzlets. Sure it's not perfect but no product ever is.
And if the 'big boys' didn't go for the 'easiest to produce' it would cost us the consumer an arm and a leg to buy. They have to pull the reins in somewhere.

Keegan said:
Seans gotta see this, bursts his bubble! Lol, that looks great though!

Nope. Looks like a swing and a miss (pun intended) ;)

I had wondered how they would try to emulate the new halo 3 lighting effect... and so they made it strobe like a purple disco light? Theres absolutely no transparency, no range of color... and I think I was expecting some 'realistic sound effects!"

My sword is still modeled after the one in Halo 2. When I do update the sword to Halo 3 , I think I'll still be able to be more accurate than this..

Do the blades look undersized to anyone else?

Sean Bradley said:

I had wondered how they would try to emulate the new halo 3 lighting effect... and so they made it strobe like a purple disco light? Theres absolutely no transparency, no range of color... and I think I was expecting some 'realistic sound effects!"

My sword is still modeled after the one in Halo 2. When I do update the sword to Halo 3 , I think I'll still be able to be more accurate than this..

I agree it looks short, out of ALL the swords I've seen and believe me I've seen many, and so have you Sean. I believe your's is the most accurate and closest to the actual size of the sword if it was scaled to "real life".

Pathetic attempt if you ask me. If this is Master Replicas I have to say, it's probably hands down the worst thing yet from them....I mean to say...it's PATHETIC...

Can't wait to see your version of the Halo 3 one Sean! How's the old fx saber? :D :p

- Darke

darkesword2020 said:
How's the old fx saber? :D :p

Still in one piece! I've take it apart and looked into the fantastical Master Replicas LED technology, and I'm not conviced it's something I can use for my next Energy Sword. I's till leaning towards EL wire, perhaps with a multi channel controller for multiple colors fading in and out.

So the saber is kinda sittin in my closet.. I don't have much use for it, if you'd like it back lemme know!

Sean Bradley said:
Still in one piece! I've take it apart and looked into the fantastical Master Replicas LED technology, and I'm not conviced it's something I can use for my next Energy Sword. I's till leaning towards EL wire, perhaps with a multi channel controller for multiple colors fading in and out.

So the saber is kinda sittin in my closet.. I don't have much use for it, if you'd like it back lemme know!

Actually I'd rather see what you CAN do with it ;)

It's yours ;)

Sean Bradley said:

Well, I just watched the first frame of the vid so that could explain a bit. :p

BTW nice pun!

Knowing MR, I believe that this is NOT the final product, just a prototype. They have not shown this on their site. I can be wrong though. What is weird, is that this site is talking about pre-ordering them, and the pre-order is not even on MR's website.

Either way, I think its a decent collectable or costume piece. I was taking a closer look at the sword today on the game, I found that some of the details that we *think* are there, are not really consitantly there. Where you have distinced, consitant details on the armor, the sword blade does not. When I look at still pics of the blade, you see these knotches, when I go into the game and see the blade's graphics in motion, and look closely, these knotches are constantly moving/dissappearing. So I think that unless you can replicate the sword's blade's motion exaclty, its going to be really hard for anyone to make it super accurate.

I still think that its funny, the most primitive of weapons on Halo, the sword, is pretty much one of the most powerful, and most sought after in-game (especially on "the pit")

I'll probably be getting one of these, I still need one of them plasma rifles from Jasmin though..

Sean Bradley said:
I love a challenge. ;)

Dont we all for the most part?

The only other way I just thought of probably being able to get the motion lighting affect that is created in the game, onto an actual physical prop, would probably be fiberoptics. Spending as much time as I have at Disney, seeing all these rides and whatnot, if you know how to create a lighting sequence, Im pretty sure you can come up with something pretty close to how the game's blade is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back