GalaxyCon Info and Roll Call: December 2nd, 2022 - December 4th, 2022 (Columbus, OH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, post has been updated with general time frames and shift placements. We will be doing a panel at this convention as well for "Armor 101" going over the different build methods and pros and cons but that information for times is pending. Please sign up where you'd like to work timeslot wise for the event to make sure we have all the times covered for people manning the booth. These are still subject to change.

I have a total of 16 complimentary passes available as well as a discount code that is intended for handler pass purchase. So as long as people sign for slots to work you are guranteed a complimentary pass and discount code.

Alright, post has been updated with general time frames and shift placements. We will be doing a panel at this convention as well for "Armor 101" going over the different build methods and pros and cons but that information for times is pending. Please sign up where you'd like to work timeslot wise for the event to make sure we have all the times covered for people manning the booth. These are still subject to change.

I have a total of 16 complimentary passes available as well as a discount code that is intended for handler pass purchase. So as long as people sign for slots to work you are guranteed a complimentary pass and discount code.
Question regarding the time slots, do we have a # as to how many people we need or want for each shift/role?

I put my name by a few things guessing that there are ~3-4 openings per shift and panel interest on days (depends on shift overlap though). After others have had a chance to sign up I can pick up more if there are still openings.

Last edited:

I can’t seem to edit the doc to sign up. But the SSG GROUP (lord Bert, lord Erne, lord Elmo) will do the the 4-6 table slot on Friday. And then for the panel we can do the 2-4 for the panel on Friday. And photo ops 12-2 on Saturday.

I have a few celebrity signings I’m going to on Saturday. After I’m done with those, I will help out more for sure.

Depending on when I get there I might be able to help in the booth at the end of Friday. Saturday I'll be suited up. Sunday I'm not sure if I'll suit up

I can bring pre sanded but glued together brute spike grenade and M7S for the booth if you want em there. It could be a good display for the process of 3d printing to finishing. I'll also have my 3d printed to scale energy sword with me on the floor and stuff to repair in the likely case it breaks on the floor.

Question regarding the time slots, do we have a # as to how many people we need or want for each shift/role?

I put my name by a few things guessing ~3-4 openings per shift and panel interest on days (depends on shift overlap though). After others have had a chance to sign up I can pick up more if there are still openings.
I really would just put down for like 1 or two. Remember. We have 16 people going so there's room for everyone to participate and work a section so I can justify the complimentary pass for that individual.

I have booked my room at the Sheraton Colombus Hotel at Capitol Square. I have space for one member to stay with me if they wish to but we would be sharing a bed. I booked for Friday through Sunday.

I really would just put down for like 1 or two. Remember. We have 16 people going so there's room for everyone to participate and work a section so I can justify the complimentary pass for that individual.
Hey is there a general idea on how large the booth is. I want to bring the mini-hog but if it's gonna take up a lot of room we need i wont bother

I have updated the main posting with the diagram of our booth. This also includes the allotted space for it. Plan is one side will be for Q/A and display, another side with recruitment bits like business cards, pamphlets, etc, and a side for dedicated specifically to photos with con goers.

Last edited:
As we're getting closer, I'll throw this out there, plans for any photoshoot or a group dinner? I'm willing to attend in a more support role and take photos instead of suiting up if needed. I'll leave any food suggestions to those who live in the area if we plan on having a group dinner.
I can do photos like we did back at C2E2. This time I wont be in armor so it'll be easier for me to do what I do. I just need someone to scope out the Convention Center for the location.

I can do photos like we did back at C2E2. This time I wont be in armor so it'll be easier for me to do what I do. I just need someone to scope out the Convention Center for the location.
I'll have to see what plans for photos and dinner will be. I'm going to coordinate that with Cadet since he is literally right there. I'll keep everyone updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back