Gamerguy55's Mkvi

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerguy55

Well, due to the cold weather, my Rekawns has been put on hold. I'll finish it up, but I can't do that until it warms up.

So, I'm working on my MKVI. I had planned to build the MKVI helmet after I had the rest of the suit done, but I've built 3 chest pieces in a row (because I can't just pick a scale and be happy) and am begining to go insane.

So, for the sake of my sanity:

234.jpg

I first built it in three separate pieces.

239.jpg

I used hot glue for the entire helmet, which has some major pros and cons.

245-1.jpg

I connected these two pieces together first, it was absolutely terrible.

247.jpg

Front before the detail was added. There is a piece of cardboard on the inside, supporting the piece that juts from the top, and a piece on each side.

251.jpg

Sorry for the sideways view, but this is a good pic to show how straight it is.

254.jpg

Back detail. The upper part looks messy, but it's fixed now.

255.jpg

Side detail.(Really bad quality.)

256.jpg

Front detail.

253.jpg

Once again, sorry for the sideways pic, but it shows the straightness.

252.jpg

Ta da.

So, there is is.

The hot glue works really well, if you're careful. You will get burned if you use it, I have a few blisters. The best part is if you mess-up gluing, you can hold the tip of the glue gun against the tab for a few seconds and the glue will melt again so you can move it into the correct place.

A little glue and a lot of heat, is something to keep in mind if you plan on trying to use hot glue.

Anyway, I'm interested to see what you guys and girls think. There's still a lot left, but I think it's turning out pretty well. There's a little warping on the front, but the angles in the pics don't show it. If you see anything that I missed or have any questions, please fell free to let me know. I <3 criticism. I'll never get any better if I don't know what's wrong.

looks great! are you going to add more parts around the parts on the fins to finish out the details?

Spartan857 said:
nice work man. very nice

Garzak said:
nice work do you plan to fiberglass it?

Pat

JangoFett140 said:
looks great! are you going to add more parts around the parts on the fins to finish out the details?

Thank you all very much! :D

Ohhhhh, yeaahh. It'll be 'glassed and Bondo-ed as soon as the weather warms up.

Fins? The part right above where the lights go? I'm not sure where you're taking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
JangoFett140 said:
Fins? The part right above where the lights go? I'm not sure where you're taking about.
I'm borrowing this pic from Thorssoli cause its the best i know of. ITS HIS HELM I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c247/tho...rtesting001.jpg

you have the inner parts but not the 1 that goes around it on the outside.
If it's the part I'm thinking about, I didn't put it in until last. Check the last pic.

Looking pretty good! There's a few very minor waves (in the last pic) but easily fixed. Glad to see you are still working on armor even with the weather.

lol, I'm sorry, but I can't tell what that is a picture of. Too much yellow :lol: .

Is it the part above where the visor should go?I think I have all the that is on the model.

Looking pretty good! There's a few very minor waves (in the last pic) but easily fixed. Glad to see you are still working on armor even with the weather.

Thank you, Tracy. ;)

I don't know how to get rid off those stupid waves. Putting the cardboard on the inside helped some, but they're still there. Does anyone know how to fix that?

Yep, my plan is get everything pepped I can during the winter, so it's all ready to 'glass and Bondo in the Spring.

How did you use the hot glue? I just wanted to know because I use hot glue too, but always end up with a stringy mess.

1 last attempt to make my point. the part that im talking about is inside the yellow out line.
th_showdetail2.jpg

and yes this is a 1 min windows paint job
lol no time to gimp it

if you dont have that piece the FS helm does.

mc hammer time said:
How did you use the hot glue? I just wanted to know because I use hot glue too, but always end up with a stringy mess.
I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I did it very carefully. lol

Like I said in the OP a little glue and a lot heat goes a long way. If you look really closely you can see that I ripped part of the front. It was the first piece I did, and I thought the glue was still hot enough.

The best way to make sure pieces fit together perfectly is to just keep reheating the pieces that don't fit correctly, and not to use too much glue. I was using a high-temp glue gun and if i put too much glue on a piece, I could tell. You don't need to use a lot of glue. Hardly any at all, actually.

1 last attempt to make my point. the part that im talking about is inside the yellow out line.

and yes this is a 1 min windows paint job
lol no time to gimp it

if you dont have that piece the FS helm does.

lol, I'm sorry, I was confused. I understand now.

I'm not sure how he got his helmet like that. There is no detail like that on the Robogenisis' unfold of FS' helmet. I can't find a picture of it in the references, but I think Thor did it right. I'm just not sure how he did it. I may just have guess with the spacing, if I cut another piece.

Hello, everyone. This is quite the bump, but I've got something to show for it.

3697239811_6255b64c7f_b.jpg

3697236359_fa8e1d8b65_b.jpg

I'm almost there, when I get the right boot done I'm going to break out the ol' fiberglass.

Any questions/suggestions, please let me know!

FalseKnightmare said:
this looks great, is all of it scaled correctly?

pics of you wearing it?

Thanks!

It's all scaled correctly, as far as I can tell. I've spent a lot of time on scaling. I've re-done most of the pieces in the picture quite a few times. lol I don't have any pics of me wearing it, I'm a little afraid of ripping it. After it's 'glassed I'll take some pics of me wearing it. The thighs and shins are both scaled to 42cm, and forearms are at 33, the boot are 22.2, and I didn't put the size on my helmet so I don't know what it is exactly, but I know it was slightly larger than standard. I'm about 6' 4" so I usually end up scaling things up.

I have one boot, one thigh, handplates, biceps, cod piece and the chest piece left to do. I should be able to pep the boot, thigh, and handplates done in about four days and the chest piece in who know how many. lol The chest piece is going to be the worst, it's the most complicated to redo and I'm still not completly sure on the scale. There's a local festival/fair-thing going on from tomorrow until Saturday night, so I won't get to start on this until the begining of next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back