TurboCharizard Makes a MkVII

You really outdid yourself with this one! I have a question, though. Are you gonna put the files up anywhere to buy or just for free? Because I will definitely want to swap out some of the parts of the suit I'm making with some of these (Particularly the belt!) :p
Everything from this build is up on my website which is linked on my profile.

It's HERE! What an absolutely stunning build thread, I'm hoping this gets more people into color filled, fun having, vocaloid/MkVII mayhem suits!
We are the turn of the tide for colourful dancing SPARTANs.

Wow - This thread took me hours to get through (between doing other things and really wanting to soak up every ounce of knowledge you poured into it) and it was totally worth it.

Hands down this will be the top of my bookmarks and I know I will reference this thread many many times in the future. (And now I promise to harass you with fewer questions about my pending MKVII project).

This suit turned out amazing and I really hope to be able to come see it in person someday/somehow (Why did OtaFest have to be on Mother's day weekend next year?)

For anyone else reading this - I promise you that the files that Turbo made for this suit are simply amazing *chef's kiss*

The color you used on your chest looks awesome. Just to confirm it was this:

(not the Vallejo Gunmetal - right?)

Also,

I'm a bit bummed to hear you didn't have luck with their paint. I had tremendous luck with my Color Shift Command and have a pending project using some of their other paints.... (shh)

I really just followed their instructions for thinning the paint and going with their recommended base coats. I wonder if part of it could be that those specific colors just don't pop as much.
The Vallejo gunmetal is just the generic metal parts on the MkVII like the hard points and the Paradise Rig colour. The primary black/sparkle was the Krylon Stainless that you can see in the video of Post 8 in Letting Him Cook.

The Turbo Dork issues might also be the needle size I had in my airbrush at the time. I'll fiddle around more with less time crunch breathing down my neck as well as playing with the bottle of Redrum from them that I have in my paint bins.

WOW Absolutely amazing suit and Really great write up! I learned quite a lot reading the whole thing! I will definitely be referencing this thread for any additions I make to my mk 7. Stellar work dude!

Quick question:
Flexible Filament Gaskets
How's the flexibility on the neck seal? I want to make one, and I was originally planning on sewing it. But if you get good flexibility on printed parts than I might need to do more looking into flexible filament

fence peek GIF by Wimbledon

Wow. Just, wow. Safe to say I've bookmarked this to look at for MANY things as I work through my current build, even though it's a completely different set there is SO much I can learn from this. Thank you for taking the time to write it all up!

Do you ever have issues with heat/sun messing with your pieces since they're in PLA+? Or does the paint and everything pretty effectively shield them?

How's the flexibility on the neck seal? I want to make one, and I was originally planning on sewing it. But if you get good flexibility on printed parts than I might need to do more looking into flexible filament
The flexibility isn't bad. It's more limiting than a fabric neck gaiter but honestly the issue I had was the heat retention. 30°C plus an AQI of "real bad" made me ditch it for most of the conventions since there was just too much going on around my neck and face with an N95, cables and a balaclava. Test everything out in the environment you're planning on wearing it in.

Do you ever have issues with heat/sun messing with your pieces since they're in PLA+? Or does the paint and everything pretty effectively shield them?
I haven't yet but the hottest day that my suits have been out in is 35°C which may also factor into the equation of the question. The overall line of thinking for my reinforcement is that a moulded fiberglass interior and a epoxy external shell will limit any possible heat droop in the core material or at least keep in in the main shape until time for repair. The suit is also built for a Canadian so if the suit is melting, the wearer is already cooked.

Hello everyone and welcome to another instance of “Turbo went quiet on build threads for a few months and has come back with a completed suit”. This time instead of something small and transportable for conventions anywhere I’ve gone back into the depths of my desires to make a mashup suit while at the same time making a MkVII that allows me to be an indecisive costumer in an ever evolving cosmetics system like Halo Infinite. What exactly does that mean in simplified terms?
I’ve devoted the better part of four months holed up in somewhat isolation fully designing a MkVII core suit that is fully modular for any attachment currently available in Halo Infinite. By modular I mean with an allen key or hex driver you can swap out one attachment for another or go back to base form without attachments. Everything is designed to be easily buildable by anyone with access to a 3D printer and rigging points of the suit are designed to support multiple different styles depending on personal comfort and range of movement limitations.
Also this suit is designed to have the appearance of a Vocaloid and it lights up like a Christmas tree so we can dance and party on the con floor.
Since this is a non-traditional build thread in the fact that there is approximately four months worth of work already completed and the whole suit is “finished”, the first page of posts is reserved as documentation for the build. The thread will continue as I rebuild parts to more suit my liking and as parts are added to the list of possible attachments compatible with the core of the suit.

Thread Index
Post 1: Costs Breakdown
Post 2: Design Methodology
Post 3: Suit Features
Post 4: Design Process
Post 5: Parts Sample, Revisions, Future Updates
Post 6: Assembly
Post 7: Surface Preparation
Post 8: Paint and Decals
Post 9: Flexibles and Soft Parts
Post 10: Electronics
Post 11: Otafest Glamour Shots
Post 12: Future Additions and Longevity

For those wanting a playlist to listen to while reading about Vocaloid or to play while wearing your own Vocaloid build, enjoy
MkVII Vocaloid Dance Mix

For those needing to channel the chaos energy that was required for this build, consider the following.
This is the most legendary post ever created. Thank you for putting the time in. It will save noobs like me hundreds, if not thousands of hours of experimentation and money on mistakes.

This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back