Gears Of War Armor (For Those Interested)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its looking really well I can't wait to see what the weathered metal effect looks like on it. The silver undercoat should do a pretty good job! Sorry I don't know to much about LED's otherwise I would help you out....Maybe a switch in the underside with the leds siliconed into place? I'm not sure sorry!!

Hope you don't splatter on impact,

-Loki

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I appreciate the compliment, sometimes, you need one just to push you along

haha

As for the LEDs, I'll probably figure it out, I just hope I do soon :p

Hah I understand that completely! And yeah man keep going with this build. Its awesome to see a build thats not Halo related as they are far and few. But cheers to you for doing this =]

Hope you don't splatter on impact,

-Loki

KUNG FOO OYSTER said:
FINALLY! Got the bondo and sanding done, and went ahead and spray painted it. I used chrome for a car pretty much, and am gonna lay blue/gray over it, and do a little sanding to make it look like metal

8326_103802839631643_100000057834049_105388_2143323_n.jpg

No offense but it doesnt look like you sanded the helmet at all, it just looks like you slapped some bondo on there and painted it. =0

ah, so you noticed, I actually did quite a bit of sanding, I just left it like that so once I get the paint right It will look like it's been through hell

:)

A few spots look a little iffy, but other than that it looks pretty good, I'm putting in my lenses today, so that should help

and is anyone good with wiring LED's?

help is much appreciated

hey hey hey, I decided to resand it, so I'll be throwin up some more pics tommorow

also, I wired my led's but 2 didn't light up, any idea why?

lined up in a series, 5v 30 ma led x4 and I had 150 omhs resistors, connected to a 9v

KUNG FOO OYSTER said:
ah, so you noticed, I actually did quite a bit of sanding, I just left it like that so once I get the paint right It will look like it's been through hell

:)

A few spots look a little iffy, but other than that it looks pretty good, I'm putting in my lenses today, so that should help

and is anyone good with wiring LED's?

help is much appreciated

That makes sence then. :)

I'm not quite sure how big your eyeholes are but you might want to try getting cheap sunglasses from clare's or the dollar store & popping those in . As far as the sanding goes I think if it looks rough it ads character (like the armor has been in actual battle) lovin the progress so far :)

Thanks for the suggestion, I thought about sunglasses, but they were all too small, so I cut out some plexiglass

I made progress, got the shoulders done

9127_104122109599716_100000057834049_115212_4315234_n.jpg

friend + shoulder pad

hes a ginger

pepped body

14561_104323716246222_100000057834049_120791_7647581_n.jpg

14561_104323949579532_100000057834049_120793_873342_n.jpg

sadly when I Fiberglassed it, park of it dented, I hope it didn't get all out of shape, if it didn't I can just fill in the dent with the bondo and ill be good to go, only one day left to do all that, wow :eek

Dude that sweet that was going to be one of my projects lol i am making 3 suits for me ona ODST one spartan and i think marcus from gears.

Dude let me know how it turns out.

Lonewolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back