Gears Of War: Full Set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorCrow

Sup ma peeps, My plan is to create a full gears of war cosplay, 4 COG Soldiers and 5 Locusts (the smallest of us is going to be a wretch) The idea is, every cog soldier will be wearing a different variant of the standard gear soldier armour. same with the locusts. i will be going as a Theron Palace Guard. The first thing to do is make the COG helmets. Due to the other peoples lack of experience and resources, i will be making everything in this project. Lets hope it goes well. Is there any advice people could give me on how to create a good base model for the locust armour, so i can later detail it, and create a mold?

=D

ohhhhh danger Will Robinson. Danger.

My advice - Go build something instead of making frivolous threads on 405th. Post your progress, THEN ask for advice.

I just use a method to make a spartan boot that worked pretty good.. you take a pep file and remove all the little crep, then use em as template for cardboard

DoctorCrow said:
My plan is to create a full gears of war cosplay, 4 COG Soldiers and 5 Locusts... Due to the other peoples lack of experience and resources, i will be making everything in this project.

You're planning on making NINE unique full costumes by yourself!? Well, I'll give you credit for being ambitious. My advice would be to finish your costume before starting to work on other peoples.

Last edited by a moderator:
Suicide. 9 costumes on your own is madness. The majority of the people here spend a good few months on one..

So 9 costumes, it will probably take you a good few years by yourself.

urrhum! u try and search mate? i've nerly completed the A carmine helmet etc, and i have the carmine model from the pc game all i need to do is unfold the armor or get someone with experience to unfold it and it should be kool u could pm me if u need any help at all but as yoda said please dont go on a witchhunt cos thats bad. just ask around and we will be glad to help.

P>S if ur making all the gear from 9 costumes make sure u have experience, u had to make a second carmine helmet dude to my lack of experience because it got warped etc and it was rushed, be prepared to spend alot of hourse on cutting the carmine helmet =D

Cant wait to see your work mate =D!

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15839

Jesus i've been away... uh, well, the pep failed miserably i'm sad to say, and no, i'm not making it "all" by myself, the people who will be wearing the costumes with me will be helping with what they can inbetween(team changed, there are more people helping and 4 of them including me are skilled artists.), also, havent posted anything because...

1. i only recently got my internet.
2. i tried pep but i decided the detail wasnt what i wanted.
3. i was very ambitious and had very little time, i will post what i have done so far soon.... when i have a camera.

The detail in Pep is something that you have to build up with with bondo or clay. Pep is a great way to get the basic shape and structure built.

If you are going to build that many suits, you could find the universal parts (the parts you will all be wearing) and make 1 master set that would fit everyone. Then you could make molds and castings of that/those pieces. It would save you from having to make several pieces but at the same time you could detail and distress them differently with paint. Its tough but doable. I have see this method used by another person on the forums. Will try and find the post.

Ice065 said:
If you are going to build that many suits, you could find the universal parts (the parts you will all be wearing) and make 1 master set that would fit everyone. Then you could make molds and castings of that/those pieces. It would save you from having to make several pieces but at the same time you could detail and distress them differently with paint. Its tough but doable. I have see this method used by another person on the forums. Will try and find the post.

I was hoping to go for something like that. (also, may upload progress pics later today.)

The Rules

WIP Threads with no progress pics - Minimum 1 Warning

No pics, no thread. I'll forgo the warning since you're new, but you're gonna need some progress pics to post up before this thread can be unlocked.

PM me when you have some pics to show your work and I'll gladly re-open this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back