Gears of War

Status
Not open for further replies.
no probaly not... It clearly say HALO, MASTER CHIEF...NAS did some gears armor its pretty sick. Why dont you cantact them. I think theres a forum for that armor to. Let me know if you ever start.Good luck! :D

(P.S. The gun looks siiick dude!)

I know this is a Halo forum, but most people here are prop builders, not just Halo fans.

Figured it couldn't hurt on the off chance someone had the info I needed.

You could always try one of the off-topic threads around here, or maybe just make a thread in the prop section when your post count gets high enough.

Blue Vertex said:
You could always try one of the off-topic threads around here, or maybe just make a thread in the prop section when your post count gets high enough.

I'll probably just do that. Only need a handful more posts...

Last edited by a moderator:
dude i not tryin to be mean... but do some googleing and there is a similar forum about gears. yeah most people here are prop builders.. but since gears is so new noboby has made much for it.Nightmare armor studios did a great job on there gears armor. Try contacting them for some help.

Hey QUIXAND_PROP, If you find any files or information on making the armor you have to hit me up with the info. Ever since i finished my Mjolnir armor i've wanted to make some gears armor. I've seen all the NAS stuff and its great, but i can't find any 3d models to import to pep. So if anyone is interested in creating the models or just contributing to this awesome idea, the work would be greatly appreciated.

Major Pain said:
Hey QUIXAND_PROP, If you find any files or information on making the armor you have to hit me up with the info. Ever since i finished my Mjolnir armor i've wanted to make some gears armor. I've seen all the NAS stuff and its great, but i can't find any 3d models to import to pep. So if anyone is interested in creating the models or just contributing to this awesome idea, the work would be greatly appreciated.

Good news is GoW for PC just came out today.

That means models to extract. :)
When I find it, I'll post.

As for there being a forum similar to this one for GoW armor and props....yeah...link it, or it doesn't exist.
I've been searching for over 2 months.

(y) yeah, uhhh... contact some professionals and ask for models or casts. (y)

but i would (i i were you) go see a shop class teacher or a wood craftsman
for some help on the Lancer rifle. i dont know how old you are, but that would help to ask for help

+Spartan-K22 (y)

Spartan-K22 said:
(y) yeah, uhhh... contact some professionals and ask for models or casts. (y)

but i would (i i were you) go see a shop class teacher or a wood craftsman
for some help on the Lancer rifle. i dont know how old you are, but that would help to ask for help

+Spartan-K22 (y)

LOL I'm probably old enough to be your father, and have been doing this for years. ;)

But good looking out. :cautious:

gears of war and lancer model you say :p

25.jpg

I wish I could say that this would be usable for the average pep user though. I designed these models to be made a specific way. Since I don't work with cardstock. These are modeled to be made out of very specific materials. So unfortunately they don't do ya any good.

cgspartan said:
gears of war and lancer model you say :p
*Snip*
I wish I could say that this would be usable for the average pep user though. I designed these models to be made a specific way. Since I don't work with cardstock. These are modeled to be made out of very specific materials. So unfortunately they don't do ya any good.

They do me some good...hehe :D :D

papamurf812 said:
Any chance you could release those so we can work them into being able to be used in pep?

Possibly might modify them myself for you guys... probably not till after I've made mine though. Gotta be the first to make my own stuff :p

Damn... Now I gotta find the files on my own so I can beat you. Just kidding... I have no time to make this armor yet anyways... What materials do you plan on using? Good luck!

I work with a type of cardboard called Chipboard.

it's extremely cheap and way nicer to work with than corrugated cardboard. It can be a little bit of a bitch to cut, but hey, it's a great way to build up a little upper body strength :p

I buy the stuff from here.

http://www.dickblick.com/zz131/15/

Most of the time I work with the thinner stuff since it's easier to cut. while still being very durable. The thinner chipboard from there is around just over 1mm thick.

For thicker parts of pieces, like the big plates on the chest of the gears armor, I use mat board. The stuff you use for picture framing. Since it can be bought in varying thicknesses depending on what I need it for.

It's just much easier, I find, for pieces like those big plates on the gears chest piece to just use the pep as a flat pattern basically. Pretty much the same as if i was to just sketch the pattern out on paper and use that. That way I don't have to deal with lots of annoying tiny folds.

I basically just use pep as a base to build on top of ya know.

Spartan-K22 reporting in, sir.

lol...dickblick, me and my friend from school 4 years ago laffed at that, sir.

i am saying sir because i sound professional, sir.

but i would recommend a wooden model of the Lancer, sir.

+Spartan-K22

Bro, you have to get those models up. Thats pretty nice work. I understand that you want to be the first to assemble your models, but this community can provide extensive knowledge and help in making the best models possible. Let them help and contribute. If you still choose to wait, I will be waiting eagerly. Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back