Getting ready for halo outpost discovery but have no armour to wear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrLinerChurch

Hello,
I'm completely new to the site! Me and my friend were super excited to go to H.O.D. in Orlando Florida I told him I wanted to make atleast a helmet before we head out to the convention.
Would you think its possible to make something like that in time? Also to mention I'm completely new to the cosplay scene and have no idea where to begin.....

Hello,
I'm completely new to the site! Me and my friend were super excited to go to H.O.D. in Orlando Florida I told him I wanted to make atleast a helmet before we head out to the convention.
Would you think its possible to make something like that in time? Also to mention I'm completely new to the cosplay scene and have no idea where to begin.....
Absolutly! If you grit your teeth you could do it in a weak! You can finish it in the next few months for sure as long as you dont procrastinate.your best friend is to doubt your mind, and when you get stumped or dont know how to move forward, jump into it and try different ideas until it works! As for how to get into the hobby, check out the tutorial index here on the 405th to learn the ropes and tricks, and watch YouTube videos by punished props, Andrew dft, and the sort. Feel free to look around for references, other cosplays, and videos, but dont get hung up! I spent a little bit building my armor but it took three years admiring other suits wondering how I could ever do work like them before I finished mine! Good luck and I hope to see the finished product at the event!(I love the shark puppy profile pick, and you could even finish a whole suit by outpost discovery, if you are really dedicated and waste no time!)

You could always purchase the halo disguise master chief helmet that runs anywhere between $20-50 and personalize it yourself. It’s a great way to get something QUICKLY. Or there is always ETSY, which many sellers provide high quality helmets that you can finish and complete yourself. - you don’t want to RUSH pep/foam/ or 3d printing because it takes a lot of work. Regardless, welcome!

You could always purchase the halo disguise master chief helmet that runs anywhere between $20-50 and personalize it yourself. It’s a great way to get something QUICKLY. Or there is always ETSY, which many sellers provide high quality helmets that you can finish and complete yourself. - you don’t want to RUSH pep/foam/ or 3d printing because it takes a lot of work. Regardless, welcome!
That's a great idea! @Drline, you can do what @Randi For his build! It looks great and it's pretty simple. His thread on it is out of this world

Sorry DrLinerChurch. Looks like xXDashIVXx did link the tag properly. Regardless, we have several helmets listed in the Armory that you can assemble in time or as DefineLuck said, purchase one. There are several listings in ETSY......do a search for "HALO Helmets" and you'll find something to your liking and price range.
Well, that was wierd... My bad. I clicked the auto fill pop up and must have not registered...

I meant RandomRanger and His build!

There's also plenty of Halo costumes that don't require armour! There's Marine PT gear, pilots, crewmen, officers and a whole other gamut of UNSC support staff! I'm planning on making a pair UNSCN flight engineer coveralls to pack in with SPARTAN Daisy to take to Outpost Philly.

Armour is cool and all but by no means the end-all be-all of Halo!

That being said, it is satisfying to have made your own suit of Spartan armor. But to do it in such a short amount of time, you are definitely going to need to get moving, and don't stop.

That's what this forum here is for: helping out cosplay projects.

A good resource to use if you plan on doing foam is using AndrewDFT on youtube. Here's two I made from him, the first his design the second one is with heavy mods, can't wait to see what you come up with ^^

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1553616645892.jpg
    FB_IMG_1553616645892.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 226
  • FB_IMG_1553616640424.jpg
    FB_IMG_1553616640424.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 231
Just for an example I payed $25 for the Halloween full helmet from hot topic of Master Chief and did a paintjob and added red LEDs to make it my own you could do the same.

Attachments

• 20190324_165708.jpg
    20190324_165708.jpg
    496.1 KB · Views: 226
  • 20190324_165618.jpg
    20190324_165618.jpg
    743.6 KB · Views: 236
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back