Getting ready for Opening Night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

guidwi

Jr Member
1106072230of7.jpg

and

1106072230aok3.jpg

My mannequin head got misplaced, so forgive the subject, I think Jason did just fine. LOL

Just finished the pep, gonna use that as the base to make a movie quality prop for the premiere.
I've got some cool new techniques to use on this, I'll post updates as they happen.

dacacheman said:
wtf is that

You could say, hey that's pretty cool, what is it?

Don't you think the way your worded your question was kind of rude?

Just a thought ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
honest_insanity said:
how could you guys not know who that is!
That is an AWESOME job dude!
i wanna do one now XD

I knew it was Ironman :p

I just was trying to teach a lesson ;)

Cool all the same!

- Fitz

darkesword2020 said:
I knew it was Ironman :p

I just was trying to teach a lesson ;)

Cool all the same!

- Fitz

Were'd you get the pep files for it? Was it from Herogear? If it is when the hell did he put the frikkin code up??

IT'S ABOUT TIME!

Lots of people have been waiting for a Ironman model or Pepakura File. I hope you can release it to satisfy all the topics that have been made about it.

Looks Good Quix!

-Doom

Thanks Doom!

I actually got them from Herogears thread. The pep file is password protected, but in the zip he linked he had a black in white edge only PDF. Incidently, it's scaled perfectly if you wear a 7 1/2 or higher fitted ball cap.

I'm 6'3 and about 220lbs, and it fits beautifully.

I'm probably gonna get razzed for this, but I'm an old school guy. While I'm confident I'm going to enjoy the new movie,
nothing compares to the look of Marvels Ironman. So...While I'm going to go with a more subdued movie version color scheme....I'm going to stay true to the comic style helm in its details.

The mustard yellow and neon red just wouldn't transition well to real life. LOL

Send me the model, I might try this with the smooth setting on pepakura, I'm making a helmet from pep, and the helmet isnt even done yet it looks smooth like it was bondo'd.

Grunts Deserve Shields Too said:
It looks like a cat!

thats because its two seperate pieces, one that is painted gold and another that is red. he doesnt have them permanently attached to each other yet. its just a few bits of tape holding it. thats why theres a gap by the mouth and another on the forehead.

I think tinted sunglasses from the goodwill will make good eye holes for this, I found orange iridium tinted glasses for 2 dollars brand new made in taiwan.

AoBfrost said:
I think tinted sunglasses from the goodwill will make good eye holes for this, I found orange iridium tinted glasses for 2 dollars brand new made in taiwan.

I've got an even better idea. And in primary testing, it's proving as quite a viable result.
Also, I don't plan on permanently attaching the three pieces to one another.
They will attach via powerful magnets. It's gonna be sweet.

Glassing hopefully this weekend. It's either been raining or too damn cold around these parts lately.

That Awesome that we have someone getting raedy for Ironman, looks great! Can't wait for finished product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back