Global Agenda Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhoigt

Jr Member
So i have been playing global agenda since the beta, and in search of others out there who play, I decided to make a topic on the forums.

before i start describing the game for thye people who dont play, im just going to ask that if you do play (which im hoping im not the only one), post your in-game name below and maybe we can do some Pve or PvP!

so now for the description...

Global Agenda is a massively-multiplayer online third-person shooter video game in development by Hi-Rez Studios using Unreal Engine 3 which is held on the PC. The game went live on February 1, 2010 it is sold on Steam's online store

Global Agenda mixes a science-fiction setting with a secret agent backdrop, leading the developers to refer to the game genre as spy-fi.

The game is set on 22nd-century Earth in the wake of severe global disaster. A government called the Commonwealth tyrannically rules Earth. Earth's population is under one billion people and suffers from a shortage of habitable land. Advanced technology allows limited regions of Earth to be environmentally cleansed and habitable. As land becomes available there is intense competition to colonize the area and control that region's technology. This competition sets the stage for much of the game's campaign action.

The game will primarily feature a third-person camera view, although some weapons allow scoping in a first-person view using a mouse action. Characters will have jetpacks, as well as various weapon types, including melee.

The game will feature four classes: assault, recon, medic, and robotics. All will have customizable skill trees and their own weapons.

here's an official trailer:

[media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Aox3FuXhK-U[/media]

now before you 360 gamers go and cry... it was made to accomodate the 360 controler's controls. it is seen here:

http://forum.globala....php?f=22&t=360

Now for some more things... GA has two types of gameplay. the base gameplay and the conquest (subscription) gameplay. here's what each does.

Pricing for the North American version of Global Agenda was announced on October 20th, 2009. The pricing model was said to reflect the games' positioning as a hybrid between a multi-player, hub-based shooter and a larger-scale persistent world online shooter MMO.[sup][8][/sup]

The major features of Global Agenda will be available to players through a one time purchase of the game, with no monthly subscription required. An optional subscription package, dubbed Global Agenda: Conquest will be available for those players who wish to participate in the game's persistent Alliance vs. Alliance territory control game-play, as well as access ongoing content updates.[sup][9][/sup]

The main features available to all Global Agenda purchasers are as follows:

• Creation of up to eight different agent characters (or up to 10 if you pay monthly)
  • Creative and enjoyable equipment design
  • Character visual customization
  • Access to all combat weapons and devices
  • Cooperative player vs. environment missions against the Commonwealth NPC faction, AI-controlled enemies, and Boss Fights
  • Matchmade player vs. player missions with five different game types and over 20 unique maps
  • Character progression through 80 levels (All devices and skills unlocked by level 30)
  • Achievement and unlocks system for individual characters
  • Player inventory for suits, flair, dyes, upgrades, and loot
  • Virtual Reality practice fighting area
  • Vendors and accumulation of in-game currency
  • Text chat with multiple channels
  • Auction house with bidding and buyouts
  • Built in voice chat during missions
  • Ability to join an established player-created agency
  • All play is on a single-shard, hosted server environment to ensure convenient and consistent gaming experience.
  • Mail system
  • Additional character customization options including elite character suits, dye colors, and seasonal flair
  • Player Crafting with blueprints
Global Agenda: Conquest, a monthly subscription service, provides access to additional features:

• Access to alliance vs. alliance (AvA) World Domination gameplay
  • A massive scale campaign between player created agencies and alliances over scarce territory and resources on a persistent world map.
  • Attack and defend territories in zones that match your agency's schedule
  • Agency and alliance management
  • Creation and upgrading of facilities
  • Base raids – involving up to 60 players per side; coordinated between 6 different strike teams within linked territory instances
  • Agency achievement system, leveling, and recognition
  • Upgrade Text and Voice chat to support multiple channels and strike teams
  • Ongoing Co-Op content at max character level
  • Ongoing AvA content, multiplayer PvP content, and new social areas
  • Also note that the first Alliance to "win" a map gets exclusive epic flair items along with a Dome City specifically named after them
  • Additional Conquest information posted on January 6th, 2009: Conquest Functionality Overview
*note* this information is out of date... there is now more features to go with each package.

(and here's a decent vid to describe conquest)

[media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=og1M4mcjnhY[/media]

so, if anyone is interested, feel free to talk about it, i'll try to awnser any questions, and if you do buy the game please post youur screenname.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
THis looks like the most amazing game ever!

LOOKS- is it really as good as it sounds?

honestly cause it looks amazing

thanks!

I am not going to sugar coat it,,, there are some issues currently, but they are all ones that the devs have been planning on fixing since the beta.

my main concerns are...

-not as many maps as i would like

-only one type of melee weapon per class at the moment

-it is currently all instanced based (with massive areas though)

-currently no trade chat channel, which means the chat logs are quite cramped

as i said... these are currently beeing worked on, as

-new maps are always in production and are realeased with nearly every patch

-they are working to solve the balancing issues for the other melee weapons (which were in alpha)

-open world PvE and PvPvE areas are being implemented in the near-future

-they plan on getting to the chat problems soon, its not a high priority though

yes, i really do... because every game has flaws. even halo has flaws (and i am now shunned from the 405th :p ) but still people play it. if you ask me, the only reason to not play the game is if you have a really bad PC, in which case you physicly can't play it.

also... the game has THE GREATEST SUITS OF ARMOR EVER!!!... of all time. and the devs were cool enough to give me the models for a suit (my current WIP)... so why shouldnt they give other people the models? (hintedy hint hint)

*note if you are interested, i may be able to get you a trial. go to this link to get a trial (offer expires april 1st) http://www.globalagendagame.com/gafriend/

SHUNNING!!..... lol jk

mmmk i GUESS your right. thanks for being so clear i might just have to do that trial there.

if there is anything else i/we should know, post it

thanks again!

ok, even though this entire topic so far has been between me and Lmnospartan... i thought that this should be mentioned...

new free trial is now available to the general public... http://www.globalage....com/freetrial/

also... OTHER PEOPLE CAN TALK AND ASK QUESTIONS... its like you guys become mute when on this topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back