Glowing eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

useurname123

Guys i need help about the helghat helmet, all i need is to make the eye slot glow, the helmet must be wearable, and doesn't make you blind once you light up the eyes,

i know you see the picture of helghast with red/orange glowing eyes... i want my helmet to become a realistic one, because i see other people create a glowing arc reactor from iron man... so why not create an helghast armor with eyes that glows,

in theory, you could do it with one-way mirrors and LEDs, but it'd be very complicated, expensive and fragile. Otherwise, there really is no easy way to make light-up eyes that remain see-through when lit.

you could look into how people are doing their iron man helms.. im not exactly sure myself, but ive seen others pull it off.

you could look into how people are doing their iron man helms.. im not exactly sure myself, but ive seen others pull it off.

yea i see some people do it too, but they just dont tell others how do they do it....

my first thought is LED around the eyeholes then some clear transparent plastic something.... but the LED lights will affect my vision...

check therpf.com they have about 100 threads going right now with iron man helmets and how they are lighting the eyes. i'm really not sure though that there's any way for a light right in front of /around your eye to not affect your ability to see though.

Huh. Yea, will you have the eyes flush in the helmet, or will they be slightly bulging like a bubble?

I ran across a interesting mod for steampunk goggles that let you light them up and still see out a small hole in the middle. I should try and hunt that down if your eves will be flat.

i see some pics of helghast that the eye part is a separate goggle type, and the ones at pepakura doesnt have an eyepart... ive been searching here about the eye part in a pdo file, but with no luck, so if you guys got some complete helghast helmet with the eyes part, it would really help me in creating a helghast uniform

Guys i need help about the helghat helmet, all i need is to make the eye slot glow, the helmet must be wearable, and doesn't make you blind once you light up the eyes,

i know you see the picture of helghast with red/orange glowing eyes... i want my helmet to become a realistic one, because i see other people create a glowing arc reactor from iron man... so why not create an helghast armor with eyes that glows,
Check out this video on how to light up the eyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
use this site http://uk.rs-online.com and then go to the optoelectronics display section and click on EL sheet which the video above mentions, they also do the inverters for the sheet on the same website, cost around £25 for the lot and all you need to do is leave a small slot in the bottom to see out of. Just wire it up to a battery and let them eyes glow.

Using LEDs is a method widely used. Simply get a piece of frosted plastic say acrylic and mount it in the eye slots again leaving a space beneath to see out of. Mount the LED's around the eye slot and angled into the plastic and use a simple power loop to feed them so a single positive and negative wire connection. If you want to be safe you can work out the minimum and maximum current feed the LEDs require and place resistors across them to protect them from damage. Then once mounted use foil or even a flap of insulating tape across them to stop the glare reaching your eyes and your set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back