Kamen Rider Compound Eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnleprekan

I've already searched and read several topics for information on how to make the compound eyes for a Kamen Rider, but did not find what I'm looking for. There is a thread on how to allow you to see through them, but not how to actually make them. No, I do not need to be able to see through them. I just want the compound eye effect.

Kamen Rider is a franchise of Japanese live action television serials. It is very popular and some members of this board are already working on Kamen Rider costumes.

I did notice in one thread to check for the molding section of the forum. Now, I'm am unsure if this is the way to go because I do not know how to make the sculpt; compound eyes have a lot of minute features. It's not just the detail, but the round overall shape of it. Even if I do learn how to do this, is there another method to make the eye.

The first method I'm thinking about with molding was to cast it out of resin, but I saw a video on heating a plastic sheet in the oven. I'm pretty sure it could be dangerous if I don't know what I'm doing. I'm thinking about it because I don't have a vaccumformer.

Thank you for the help.

Anyway, here are some pictures of what a Kamen Rider's eyes look like. It's from the series, Kamen Rider Kuuga.

KuugaEyes.jpg

Yes Hes kamen rider Kuga. Also there are many ways to make the effect of the eyes.Message me and all tell you some cheap and easy ways to do this.As for asking the 405t about compond eyes. I dont know if people here do it much. Seeing as Kamen rider isnt well knowen on this site.

Yes Hes kamen rider Kuga. Also there are many ways to make the effect of the eyes.Message me and all tell you some cheap and easy ways to do this.As for asking the 405t about compond eyes. I dont know if people here do it much. Seeing as Kamen rider isnt well knowen on this site.
We exist, me at acon (NL) 2011.
cbe5ad73-1.jpg

Most people who make compound styled eyes start by making the full mold which they then cast followed bu cutting the eyes and vacuum forming them over the cut out mold pieces.
Off course if Biodelta has a better/cheaper way to make them then you'd probably be better of PMing him/her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back