Gluing down dirt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXDashIVXx

Sr Member
*IM NOT TALKING ABOUT DIRTDIVES!*

So my armor is getting there and most of it is all plastydipped. I'll try and post pictures, but you know me, it took me 3 months to plastydip half the suit...

Anyway, I want it to be as muddy, a d dirty and worn as possible, and I know figures like Andrew dft and punished props like the idea of using real dirt and mud to get down a d dirty, because it is real. I dont want to use only acrylics for weathering, and would like some big chunks of gunk in those crevices and corners, but I'm not sure how to go about it.

I dont think the methods used for making models will help as it is for tiny specific details. I was wondering if any of you may have a solution for not having all of this stuff fall off and for it to be "preserved"...

So my armor is getting there and most of it is all plastydipped. I'll try and post pictures, but you know me, it took me 3 months to plastydip half the suit...

Anyway, I want it to be as muddy, a d dirty and worn as possible, and I know figures like Andrew dft and punished props like the idea of using real dirt and mud to get down a d dirty, because it is real. I dont want to use only acrylics for weathering, and would like some big chunks of gunk in those crevices and corners, but I'm not sure how to go about it.

I dont think the methods used for making models will help as it is for tiny specific details. I was wondering if any of you may have a solution for not having all of this stuff fall off and for it to be "preserved"...
How muddy are we talking? Like stepped out of a bog? Trudging through a forest?

If you want a bunch of mud and chunkies you could go the route of making a texture paint. PVA glue, paint, spackle and a bunch of sawdust and other grit. It's a miniatures trick for making terrain :lol:

Another approach you could go is for a bit more dried and caked on look using fuller's earth.

Well aside from using real dirt, which is a really natural look,......you could try the paper-mache technique. Wadded paper, glued in place, then painted.......and FYI, even if you were referring to me, I wasn't coming all the way out to you to glue me...... anywhere.........(n)

I read on the paper mache idea, and although I like it, I dont think I would get it to look the way I wanted. Stepping out of a marsh soulds good, but in picture more wet than dirty. I dont know.
download (8).jpeg

Like this maybe in the lower parts of the body? Mostly in corners and recessed areas, but light enough to see the the paint and details, but since this is a model, I'd like to have it in bulk, and not using Elmer's glue and a spray. Bottle, that will only attatch grains of sand(unless I can do this?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back