Good Fighters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gearsofhalo

Hey all, i figured id start a new thread for people to add to about their own personal fighting training.

for example,

(I do kaekwondo, and parkour, with a little bit of boxing mixed in.)

tell about what you can do, what belts you are, if you have used it, and so on.....anything about sport fighting....

THIS IS NOT A STREET FIGHTING THREAD....I DO NOT CONDONE STREET FIGHTING WITH RANDOM PEOPLE...please keep this thread clean....this is strictly Martial arts, and sport fighting related.

cant wait to hear from you guys!

Parkour isn't a fighting style...

Anyway, I have dabbled in different arts, but the main ones I know are Jiu-Jitsu and Krav Maga. I took a karate class when I was little, but that hardly counts :p

I've seen what parkour is and it's badass!

Don't they call the people that do thhat jumper's though? I'm a little confuesd.

-Pony

ACDCrockr209 said:
I've seen what parkour is and it's badass!

Don't they call the people that do thhat jumper's though? I'm a little confuesd.

-Pony

Parkour is not a fighting style. It is basically the idea of getting from point A to B as fast and efficiently as possible. The people that do this are called Traceurs

Last edited by a moderator:
Black belt in Hapkido, dabbled in Arnis and Atemi.

Then college/med school got in the way and the fatness ensued. Now I look back and say "I used to be a black belt"

neoproks, you are actually 100% correct about parkour....i never ever thought it was a fighting style at all....but I just figured it is another bodily art form that i do, so i just posted it! lol hahaha it involves NO fighting hahaha

Neoproks said:
Parkour isn't a fighting style...

Anyway, I have dabbled in different arts, but the main ones I know are Jiu-Jitsu and Krav Maga. I took a karate class when I was little, but that hardly counts :p

What do you think about Krav Maga? I have been thinking about learning it and wanted some opinions.

I do Nin-jitsu and jiu-jitsu only, i did karate for a week when i was 8 but got bored and quit, then i found jiu-jitsu.

Gearsofhalo said:
neoproks, you are actually 100% correct about parkour....i never ever thought it was a fighting style at all....but I just figured it is another bodily art form that i do, so i just posted it! lol hahaha it involves NO fighting hahaha

It's all good, I just didn't want people to get confused.

Templar said:
What do you think about Krav Maga? I have been thinking about learning it and wanted some opinions.

Believe me, you won't regret it. Out of everything I have taken, Krav Maga is the most useful.

Self taught ninja. Believe it or not, being in a marching band teaches you a lot about martial arts. you build stamina and strength while learning discipline and a few other things.... so yeah :D

Right now, boxing.

I used to do karate when I was like... 7 but I couldn't stand it. It was probably the most painful time of my entire childhood. I hated it. XD

Black belt in Tae Kwon Do.

Red belt in Judo/Jui-jitsu which are both taught in the same clas.

I train at a school that does Tae Kwon Do, Hapkido, Karate, Judo, and Jui-jitsu. We also work with the Bo-staff and nunchaku. I REALLY want to learn Sai though :)

I've dabbled in some Parkour, and while not a fighting style, is still a mental and physical discipline. Maybe some day it could be classified as a Martial Art.

---Stonewall

Neoproks said:
Believe me, you won't regret it. Out of everything I have taken, Krav Maga is the most useful.

Is it really worth it to take multiple classes each week, or can it be done 1-2 times a week. (A weird question, I know, but a martial arts center near me teaches it; however, I have a rather busy schedule....

Hmmm.... Personally, brawling with brothers, a couple of CCW style courses, does dance count :lol I've gotten kicked, kneed, and slapped so many times maybe it does count. (Some of it was unintentional... some of my dancer partners have decided that kicking one of the only guys at the studio is a good idea.... not!)

;)

Cheers!

I learned to box from a military champ as a younger guy, did some ground fighting/brawling as well. How have I used it? Worked as a bouncer for a local club for 9 months. It came in handy, especially when taking on the Polynesians that play football for the university.

I dabbled a bit in Karate and Tae Kwon Do, but at the moment not doing those two anymore and I am being trained by a personal sensei in Jeet Kune Do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back