Good's and bad's of Halo3

Status
Not open for further replies.

smilie120

Sr Member
Ok I just wanted to know, what everyone thinks of halo 3. Post 3 things you like and 3 things you think that could use some improvment.

Good points
--New armours
--New abilites/Equiptment
--Total all round awsomeness

Bad points
--Ridiculous Bloom lighting
--The classic maps are missing (halo 3 isnt complete without coagulation)
--Shorter storyline

So Tell me what you think of halo 3.

--smilie120

Last edited by a moderator:
GOOD
They didn't weaken the Scorpion any.
Sandtrap is fun for Big Team Battle
The Chopper rocks and has crazy accuracy in it's fire projectile
Spiker is actually useful now

BAD
Driving the Wraith is like driving a floating bathtub
Your AI counterparts are useless
Brute Shot sucks
The idiots on XBL

is this the light bloom thing??

4140952-Full.jpg

GOOD
Brought back AR
Stickies have a mind of their own
shot gun is useful again
Duel spiker's
Last part of last lvl (Driving)

BAD
BR is Shat now
Rag doll effects
when somethings in water, the water bounces up.. likes its alive or something
mongooses bounce off the person your trying to splatter most of the time.

Bloom lighting is like when your in a dark area, when you look at somthing normal/bright it takes time to adjust. Its effective, but there just to much bloom (bloom is basicly the white while the camera is focusing).

smilie120 said:
Bloom lighting is like when your in a dark area, when you look at somthing normal/bright it takes time to adjust. Its effective, but there just to much bloom (bloom is basicly the white while the camera is focusing).
ah, yea there really shouldn't be that much because the books say it his faceplate has a auto adjuster thingy, that only has trouble working like when u go from pitch black, to explosion white.

Xavier said:
ah, yea there really shouldn't be that much because the books say it his faceplate has a auto adjuster thingy, that only has trouble working like when u go from pitch black, to explosion white.

Yeah. Its good in small doses but I think there WAY to much in halo 3. (ok lets get back on topic :p)

smilie120 said:
(halo 3 isnt complete without coagulation)

I'd consider Valhalla to be the new Coagulation..

Bloom Lighting is sweet, I have no complaints about that... it's more realistic and adds to the immersion in the virtual world that Bungie has created..

Too Short? Compared to what? Sure it's shorter than Oblivion, but I still think too many people thought it was short because they played it on Normal or Heroic the first time through. Sack up and play it on Legendary with some Skulls on and tell me it's too short. ;)

Good:
Graphics that thrill without detracting from gameplay
Better balance in Multiplayer
Online Co-operative play with competitive scoring.
Unbelieveable interactivity with Bungie.net
Groundbreaking enemy AI
New classes of Weaponry
New exotic vehicles
Saved Film feature = WIN
Skull menu!

Bad:
Such a huge improvement that some people won't adjust

+ Hogs are much tougher
+ Regular rockets no longer lock (missile pod much better balance)
+ Humans have a flying Vehicle
+ Smgs rock more at short range
+ Ar picks up the mid-range slack
+ Brute Shot is BETTER (no more arcing shots and bigger splash damage)
+ Skulls can be turned on at will
+ Marathon and Mk V for multiplayer

- Banshee's are tougher making shooting them down without rockets or plasma weapons nearly impossible
- Sentinals have become too easy to kill
- Melee attacks are too powerful (Though I often use this to my advantage)

Sarge Christi said:
+Legendary by yourself makes you want to punch yourself in the face.

i just punch my leg... my leg really hurts.

The Good:
- Great gameplay (co-op)
- Multiple Armor for Multiplayer
- 8/9 maps are fun
- Legendary forces you to use tactics
- Achievements are fun and not impossible to get

The Bad:
- Too short
- Solo is a tad bit boring
- Friendly NPC's AI suck most times
- 'Cortana' Map: They just had to make a Alien-area!

Liman said:
- 'Cortana' Map: They just had to make a Alien-area!
What's that? Sorry, I don't have a 360 so i haven't played halo 3 yet. so, whats this 'Cortana' map?

I thought the bloom was done nicely.

I would say the only bad thing I've noticed is friendly ai is essentially useless, including the arbiter.

+Everything is good but the bad below

-The Flood overwhelms you with the tanks and infection forms and stupid needle ones.

Fuffuloo 117 said:
What's that? Sorry, I don't have a 360 so i haven't played halo 3 yet. so, whats this 'Cortana' map?
The level Cortana is a map that takes place in the now Flood-infested High Charity ship. Your mission is to find Cortana (hence the name Cortana). The entire ship has been turned into this icky-gicky fungus-like place and somewhat hard to navigate in... and dark. I hate levels like these. They are never fun in any game.

good:

armor choices
button layout (no "cancel" BXR crap)
visuals looked great
4 player co-op
multiplayer match setup
rank AND experience (shows if you play a ton but suck, or if you play a little and are just awesome)
the BR is finally a normal gun, and not the one gun wrecking crew that it was in halo2. i was completely fed up with how badly that gun got exploited. its great that now the gun system has something to cancel every weapon out.
gameplay is back to the holy trinity of Gun, Grenade, and Melee. thats what made Halo CE so great, and what the lack of made halo2 a rushed and flawed system. sure you could still play that way on halo2, but you would get owned by a plasma pistol BR combo, or BXR tomfoolery.

bad:
not enough earth battles
it didnt feel like Chief was finally leading humans to take a stand
i wasnt emotionally hooked on the game until the final cutscene (seeing human cities get destroyed would have hooked me, just like the "believe ads" did)
not enough color and symbol customization on multiplayer
cortana and Gravemind cutting in constantly. super annoying, and took me out of my elite killing machine frame of mind. maybe that was bungie's intention though.
NO HANG EM HIGH/TOMBSTONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back