Gorilla glue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toastwizzard

Would gorilla glue work for evafoam armor? Because that was the only foam compatable thing I could find at my local Walmart(other than hot glue).
16586662842126505724479511090268.jpg

Last edited:
Technically it might work, but would be very difficult to use due to its long cure times in comparison to other adhesion methods like super glue or contact cement. When adering foam together, especially for parts that undergo some stress (like curved surfaces), you want something that dries quickly so it sticks and place and you can keep moving along the seam. Super glue is very quick, while contact cement works by applying some to both surfaces, waiting 5-10 minutes then sticking them together for an instant bond.

I'm still struggling on the glue font, I've used tons of stuff from E6000, Loctite, gorilla, hotglue, you name it. varying success, that being said most of my experience is with 3d printed stuff so my experience doesnt really mean much.

I had great success with high heat hot glue and contact cement. I've used that gorilla glue before but only for things that I could clamp and leave overnight.

Contact cement, hot glue, or super glue are going to be your go to's when it comes to foam armor!
Randomranger and Fallen made a fantastic foam guide available here if you'd like more suggestions!

I think it will be a struggle to build with Gorilla Glue. You really want glue with a quick cure time so that your piece doesn't get loose and doesn't have to be held in a certain position for a long time. I use hot glue just because of my workspace (being inside an enclosed room) and it works well. I've also worked with contact cement and it was awesome but you really need a highly ventilated place to work with that stuff (outside is best)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back