Got An Old Xbox Controller Lyin Around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jawshwaa

so here is a lil vid i made a while back with my old computer on how to make your xbox controller to work on your pc...it wasnt the best tutorial in the world but it was my first attempt at making a tut for any thing at all.. it was actually pretty easy and i think some folks who dont already know how to do this will like it...like i said its not the best but you all here on the 405th will get it easy enough...and i got the driver from www.redcl0ud.com/xbcd.html

i made another usb adapter out of one of the xbox connectors(the ones that break away) so i can plug any controller into it (the wireless is fun to play roms and stuff but it lags like crazy, just a cheap controller i didnt mind destroying)

You can also buy an adapter off of ebay if you don't want to chop up any cords (that's what I did, because I don't have spares lying around). Should cost less than ten bucks, and it works just fine.

This works too though for those who don't want to drop the cash.

i try to be efficient on a close to $0 budget..

edit: im gonna embarrass my self really bad but thats me doing the music and "rapping" in that song....its some stuff i did a while back..not the best example of my work.i pulled a "prince " on that track and played all the instruments.any ways..hope this gave some one something to do ..

lol i remember doing this to a steel battalion controller, that huge beast with the 2 joysticks, foot pedals and 40+ buttons :D

it was great fun in MS flight sim and Freespace 1 and 2.

I found this deal on ebay for an adapter for PS, GC and XBOX... got it mainly for the GC & PC, but it's great, especially because all controllers work at the same time.

I'm all for hacking stuff and like intelligent solutions, I think both ideas are pretty clever.

Jason 'Biff' H said:
lol i remember doing this to a steel battalion controller, that huge beast with the 2 joysticks, foot pedals and 40+ buttons :D

it was great fun in MS flight sim and Freespace 1 and 2.

Your the first person I have even seen online mentioning Freespace period. I love that game and I still play it from time to time.

Last edited by a moderator:
GruntOfAction said:
Your the first person I have even seen online mentioning Freespace period. I love that game and I still play it from time to time.

yeah i got it waaay back when.. probably when i was still in jr high or beginning of high school. i wish they would have done more with it. i've semnd quite a few misisons scripted up in FRED that looked good enough to be game worthy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back