Greetings from the new guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaiganBoi

Sr Member
Greetings to the 405th. I'm relatively new to the costume/prop making scene. I have made only a handful of things so far. I primarily work with EVA foam and have not tried pepakura yet. My first build was a really quick and rough Shredder helmet. I went on to make a varient Hunter knife from Destiny using a template from Bill Doran of Punished Props. Then made a Saiyan battle armour of my own design for my son's Halloween costume last year and the first Halo related prop I made just recently is the Silenced Magnum from ODST using AndrewDFT's design. I am hoping to make a suit of ODST armour as my first build and joined up here to learn as much as I can and use the resources available. As well as meet new people/friends in the community. Wish me luck.

Last edited:
Welcome to the 405th, PaiganBoi!
The New Member's Sticky Index is definitely a good place to start browsing for information. It's a fairly easy layout to find what you might be looking for in a pinch. Browsing other builds and wips are another good way to learn new techniques, and see how others craft their gear.

If you have questions, never shy away from asking! :D

Here is the Silenced Magnum that I built from EVA foam. Its pretty rough in some spots and in others I am not too happy with. will have to make a better one down the road. It still needs to be sealed and painted. Will have to wait till the spring. I don't have workshop to safely do any spray painting.
IMAG0800.jpg

Hello, and welcome to this place ! And that silenced Magnum looks really, really nice ! Very good and clean work !

I know how space can be a problem. My solution was opening the garage door and hanging the items up for painting just under the lip of the opening. This way it was still covered and I just sprayed the paint out the door, as long as it's not raining. Pistol looks great!

I do... Lighting is terrible in there and not much space. It's used to store a lot of junk. Plus its freaking cold during the winter.

Oh ok, that makes sense. I use some clamp lights (not sure if that's what they're called) and a heater so that helps out a lot.

Yeah space can be a bit of a problem....but you can try an make do w/ what you have.....Clear out a spot in the garage....if your holding a lot of junk, perhaps it's time for a garage sale. Get a hold of American pickers and have them take a look see. Maybe you can make a few bucks and put it towards the suit. Lights and a portable heater couldn't hurt either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back