Group Project: Buckets and Books for Kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

PerniciousDuke

RCO & BCO
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S128
Open to all Type B members in good standing with a completed Halo costume or 405th apparel.

Amid this pandemic of the coronavirus (COVID-19), many are choosing or required to stay at home in an effort to slow the spread. That means a lot of children stuck at home, unable to attend school, unable to play with their mates. We’d like to support in this time of isolation any way we can and this project will do just that!

Celebrities have already started reading bedtime stories on streaming services, why not people dressing up as celebrities as well? Calling all cosplayers!!! #CoronaStorytime Heck I’d even love if we kept this going after this virus has run its course.

BUCKET & BOOKS2.jpg

I have never read Fall of Reach and I plan to read it aloud on Twitch everynight at 6pm PST starting 405th Day (April 5th) ! I would be happy to include those that would like to join. Since this is a 405th thing participants would be required to be Type B members (belonging to a Regiment) and have a costume or 405th apparel to wear while reading. Please message me and I will update the calendar below.

• Please no helmets. We need to be able to hear you well while you are reading. I plan to just wear my arms and chest with my undersuit on because I cannot sit while my leg armor is attached. It is also okay to wear a 405th shirt or hat while reading if you are in a pinch.
  • If you are not wearing lower armor please adjust the camera much higher than you would think. We don’t need to scare anyone out there.
  • Use a clean area of your house as a backdrop. Easiest way would be to put a chair against a wall so the camera only sees the wall. For fun you could have some Halo artwork or collectibles in the background.
  • Set up a light for this. You might think it is bright enough, but it’s not. Set up a lamp close to level with your face, but not in camera.
  • If you do not have a copy of the book that is okay. We can figure out a way to get you the pages you are reading.
  • Talk with me before doing anything. I will hold a private conversation with each participant before their reading.

On average a person reads one page per two minutes.

Sunday​
Monday​
Tuesday​
Wednesday​
Thursday​
Friday​
Saturday​
4/5 - Duke
P-CH1
(18pgs)
4/6 - Turbo
CH2-3
(14pgs)
4/7 - Zettai
CH4-5
(20pgs)
4/8 -JeffN02
CH6-7
(14pgs)
4/9 - Ranger
CH8-9
(12pgs)
4/10 - Duke
CH10-11
(21pgs)
4/11 - Ashuraa
CH12-13
(17pgs)

Easter!

4/13 - Zettai
CH14-15
(19pgs)

4/14 - Duke
CH16-17
(17pgs)

4/15 - NobleD
CH18-19
(20pgs)

4/16 - JeffN02
CH20
(11pgs)

4/17 - Alex
CH21
(12pgs)

4/18 - Rock
CH22-23
(16pgs)
4/19 - Ashuraa
CH24
(13pgs)
4/20 - C. Viper
CH25-26
(17pgs)
4/21 - Dirt
CH27
(19pgs)
4/22 - NobleD
CH28-29
(16pgs)
4/23 - Turbo
CH30-32
(11pgs)
4/24 - Viper
CH33-34
(14pgs)
4/25 - Benton
CH35-36
(19pgs)
4/26 - Duke
CH37-E
(15pgs)

Last edited:
I'd be willing to read a chapter, though I would be unable to do it live as my internet is super garbo. I could however set up a camera and record myself reading it, then send it over for airing on Twitch at the appropriate time. Let me know if this is something I could do to help fill in a time slot or two.

Yeah, I'm good with that Benton188

Anyone able to take this Saturday? I'm reading Friday and it would be nice if I wasn't reading back to back too much.

I'll stay on standby for another night if we need one filled on short notice. I'm sitting in for all of them as a chat moderator so switching on the camera and throwing on my Army BDU isn't too taxing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back