Grunt Costume Head *update*

What grunt armor should i choose, the halo reach variant, or the halo 3 one?

• Reach grunt

Votes: 48 46.6%
  • Halo 3 grunt

Votes: 15 14.6%
  • Make both

Votes: 40 38.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
woah, lookin nice, i am assuming you are gonna mold the clay and than make a latex mask, or is it gonna be a model, just a statue type thing?

Looks good anyway!

Cheers, Dave!

XxCALIBERxX said:
woah, lookin nice, i am assuming you are gonna mold the clay and than make a latex mask, or is it gonna be a model, just a statue type thing?

Looks good anyway!

Cheers, Dave!

well good sir, my mask will be a full face mask, i will sell copies, and ill tell you the whole thing while im at it.

the first layer of the real mask will be resin, then, when it has dried, i will add a small layer of latex,at the inside i will place some foam so it feels nice and soft, and just fits, the copies will be sold unpainted, because you should be able to apply your own color.

so you could just make a pink grunt or a yellow one, or just for the heck of it an olive green one and call him master grunt.

the armor however will most likely not be sold, because of the sizes.

more questions? pm me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Aha! I see now, good sir! Rofl...

I will watch the topic... (sorry but i dnt have the money to buy one and ship it to aus, lol... But ya no...)

:D...

Good luck my friend and may the force be with you (wow... listen to me, saying the force will be with you on a halo forum) To late... I am goin to bed...

Cheers, Dave.

XxCALIBERxX said:
Aha! I see now, good sir! Rofl...

I will watch the topic... (sorry but i dnt have the money to buy one and ship it to aus, lol... But ya no...)

:D ...

Good luck my friend and may the force be with you (wow... listen to me, saying the force will be with you on a halo forum) To late... I am goin to bed...

Cheers, Dave.

i wish you a good night lad, and i will give you discount, because, i live in europe. now, sleep well lad, tomorrow will be a busy day.

That looks... amazing just giving due appreciation. That is so awesome I really want to see this project when it's done. Good luck and don't get discouraged!

Trigger said:
That looks... amazing just giving due appreciation. That is so awesome I really want to see this project when it's done. Good luck and don't get discouraged!

woah, thanks dude, and i won't.

:p

okay guys, i bought some expensive material called "roofmate".
SL-.jpg

i will be using it to make a part of the grunt's gas mask and a needler.

i'll place some updates of the grunt head later this day.

*update time!*

DSC00121.jpg

DSC00122.jpg

****Finally New Updates!****

okay, i finally made some updates to the head the methane tank and the new methane re-breather

first off, the methane re-breather:

DSC00130.jpg

i'm still searching for the right blue color to make the re-breather look like it emits light out of the little blue circles.

DSC00131.jpg

methane tank:

DSC00136.jpg

I still have to resin it, and maybe just fiberglass it aswell.

DSC00137.jpg

some detail of the methane tank, made with 3 layer of hardboard (2mm)

DSC00138.jpg

And finally, the head:

DSC00133.jpg

As you can see, it still needs ALOT of work.

thats it for now, i may post some updates later this day, so keep your finger crossed (though many may have lost them making peps with their exacto knives :p)

**and another update!**

first of the re-breather (again).

DSC00167.jpg

DSC00164.jpg

DSC00160.jpg

DSC00158.jpg

DSC00157.jpg

DSC00156.jpg

DSC00154.jpg

and the head, it's now symmetrical (finally).

DSC00148.jpg

DSC00149.jpg

DSC00152.jpg

tomorrow there will be lots of updates since theres a small pep-day!

I have to say this is one of the best Grunt costume I've seen to date. I'm loving the head sculpt, you totally nailed down the look.

Be careful of the next con you go to folks, I don't know if anyone can survive the wrath of Gruntzilla! Seriosly though, awesome work!

GUESS WHAT?

the grunt o ordered just got in my mail today!

finishing the grunt will now be alot easier!

picture time!

it's gangsta grunt, beg for mercy!

DSC00228.jpg

MY FACE! IT'S FUGLY!

DSC00217.jpg

SIGH! PERV!

DSC00234.jpg

Oh wow... How have I not seen this thread!? That's awesome looking man! I'll be checking back on this now... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back