Grunty Pepakura-- Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reenact12321

Jr Member
[attachment=2952:Textured_Grunt.zip]Hi there, I'm fairly well versed in the basic concepts of pepakura and last year started a gargantuan project on the large model of 343 Guilty Spark that was sadly destroyed in a basement flood. However, I've done a lot of reading around here and have some experience.

Now I've begun to edit models in the hopes of building them because (alas) Armor unless designed for a retired, cookie loving master chief would not fit me.

I recently had the idea to build a small grunt model. So, I opened up the model from the model pack and scaled it to around 1 foot. Printed it and started cutting. I ran into issues because some of the faces are so small and have 2 or 3 number squished over one another. HOwever, I think making a guide for those particular parts will resolve that.

I was unhappy at the thought of building this grunt only to have a blue.... bland grunt. and since this is more of an experiment than a permanent project, didn't want to go through the steps of resin and paint just to see what he would look like.

So, I dug out 3DS Max and the HEK + pack from my Halo custom edition days (god that takes too much time) and opened up the grunt's bitmaps from one of the campaign levels. and I applied them onto my grunt model from the model pack.

Grunt_texture.jpg

And when I was all done with that, I exported it as a 3DS, opened it in pepakura and applied the textures under the 3D Window options (sometimes you apparently have to flip the faces in the right direction)
Grunt_textured_pep.jpg

[attachment=2956:textured...t_fixed1.zip]
Here is the textured grunt PDO, You'll have to put it together by the picture (I simplified it to very few pieces) since you can't print numbers

From the looks of it, you need to flip the faces. Do this by either

1. Going to "3DModelWindow" -> "Change Coordinates" -> "Change Model Coordinates", and clicking "Flip Faces".
-OR-
2. Re-importing the model and making sure that the white is on the outside of the model.

once I get it all done I'll be sure to make a rar or zip with everything you need. Still got to figure out how to make it print with the numbers though.

textured grunt is posted in the top post for download. He's all arranged on to letter sized paper, so all you A7 nuts out there will have to make the adjustment this time. He still has no numbers so you'll have to assemble by the picture, or figure out how to print the numbers on the back yourselves. (if you figure that out, please let me know)

Numbers will be on the face of which is outside, it will be over the textures and very hard to see since the numbers are black, unless you change fonts to white. But the finished product will have white numbers all over.

I realized I "over-sprayed" a texture onto the grunt's left hand, the fixed version has been posted

[attachment=2956:textured...t_fixed1.zip]

i already have a grunt model but not the textured one, so thanks

*edit*
ummmm... there's no textures on the second file

paradoxdj said:
i already have a grunt model but not the textured one, so thanks

*edit*
ummmm... there's no textures on the second file

OH! you're right. THank you for pointing that out.

FIXED

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back