Gundam Exia Build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryios90

Ok so i figured I'd start a new build and decided on a gundam build just to try something new. I started a week or two ago on getting the files and print and so on. finally finished it today and figured I'd post some pictures.

Enjoy!

857541_4624626337090_352238913_o.jpg

once folded it ended up in like 6 pieces so i tapes them together for now. I'll fiberglass them together during that step
IMG_20130221_145824_933.jpg

I think i got the scaling right
IMG_20130221_145717_547.jpg

Hope you guys like! I'll post more as I continue to work on it.

(suductivley) Exiaaaaaaa.......I AM GUNDAM! Good luck bro. one might think double O would be easier. how are you gonna pull off the glass chest?

right now I'm thinking about using clear plastic sheeting for the glass parts on the helmet, chest, elbows and knees. We'll see how that works.

Awesome job! I was looking for the exia files myself but I can't seem to find them at all, can you tell me where you got yours or could you email me them? Thanks!

Sorry I haven't posted any new pics yet. I finally got my order of resin and fiberglass so i can start hardening everything soon. New pictures are coming within the next few days I promise!

So last night I finally got around the putting resin on half of the parts. They came out great but I do need to find a better way to lay the parts down to dry, pulling aluminum foil off the two bigger pieces was a pain.

IMG_20130228_193351_760.jpg

next i have to finish the rest of the parts and then figure out how and where I need to cut opening to fiberglass the pieces. should be a fun learning experience!

So last night I finally got around the putting resin on half of the parts. They came out great but I do need to find a better way to lay the parts down to dry, pulling aluminum foil off the two bigger pieces was a pain.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b190/gergel90/IMG_20130228_193351_760.jpg

next i have to finish the rest of the parts and then figure out how and where I need to cut opening to fiberglass the pieces. should be a fun learning experience!

Hello, This is an awesome build that you were doing and I was thinking about pursing it myself but I can't find any of the files to the links that you sent up. Is there another place where I could find it?

Hello, This is an awesome build that you were doing and I was thinking about pursing it myself but I can't find any of the files to the links that you sent up. Is there another place where I could find it?

I just tried the links from a couple posts up. They seem to still work. Not sure if the downloads still work. This is a very old project however, best of luck with it.

I just tried the links from a couple posts up. They seem to still work. Not sure if the downloads still work. This is a very old project however, best of luck with it.

Yea I checked the links from media fire, the links work but the files aren't there, do you have another source or the files on hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back