Gundam Head build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

onemanrace

Hello!

So, in a couple of weeks, I'm attending an event that's requested participants costume. I've never attempted costuming in any way, although a few friends in the US are very into it.
Anyway, after scratching my head for a while, I've settled on building the Gundam 'Alex' head piece for the event (what with me being Alex) - I'd rather try and concentrate my time and effort on something good rather than just throwing something together.
The plan is to put together the Alex head in foam. After some googling, I stumbled onto this marvellous place.
The wealth of information here is great, and I'm feeling more comfortable that with a bit of reading, I *might* actually pull this together.
So today was a trip out for some supplies - razor blades, craft knives, PVA glue, hot glue sticks, foam core, cardboard, 10mm foam sheeting. Paint supplies can wait for the moment - lets just get this thing made to start!

The only hump I'm having at the moment is getting the .pdo files onto my Mac. I've asked a couple of Windows based friends if they wouldn't mind doing a file conversion for me, but if they can't help, are there any .pdf files of the model anywhere?

Well, friend came through with .pdfs of the Alex head files.
Spent some time thinking it over, and I'm not going down the foam route - as a kid I'd build paper/card models, so it's something I'm familiar with. Makes sense to go down the pep route. I think.
Printed onto some 210gsm card stock today, and spent some time with the ruler and scalpel this afternoon.
NyscCY9.jpg

Not that great in a couple of places, but at least this is the top of the helmet - hopefully my precision will improve moving onto the facial areas of the build.
So a small update, but progress!

Attachments

• NyscCY9.jpg
    NyscCY9.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 143
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back