Gurren Laggan

Status
Not open for further replies.

finalmad

Hi and Goodnight to you all.

This is gonna be my first project in making armor. I was interested in the gundam model on this site thats why i became member my friend saw this and asked if their was a Gurren Laggan Armor. Since i dint see any i got a 3d model thanks to a guy on deviant art and edited it so that it was Pepakura friendly. Since this was my first time there are slight errors and its not scaled but i offer the files to you my fellow 405th's to help improve the quality.

Gurren-Lagann.jpg

UPDATED****

3D max files:My link

Pepakura files: My link

.OBJ files:My link

These are not scaled. NOT SCALED

*EXCITEMENT* :lol Im a huge fan of anime, and Gurren Laggan is up there with my favs ( yoko=win!) Good to see people coming up with new ideas and models for armor based off the "mecha" anime genre (other than gundam). If anyone else is keen there are loads of anime which could be utilised to make great, not just, armor but regular costumes as well: Evangelion, RahXephon, Full Metal Panic and Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 to name a few:p

Good luck with your project, i hope this catches on.

I love the files!

Q. did you get permission to use these from the guy on deviantart? if you did you should give him credit.

can anyone convert these to .OBJ files? I opened the .pdo files and noticed they aren't fully cleaned up, with some pieces going through others. I can't fix them since I don't have 3ds max, and the filetype is not supported by Blender.

finalmad said:
Well i should be thanking you since your helping cleaning up the files

I can clean them up, but unfortunately I am unable to save them in a .pdo format, due to my not having a PD3 product key. I can, however, upload them as a .kmz format, which then must be saved as a .pdo file and uploaded again.

Last edited by a moderator:
finalmad said:
Yea i got the permissions from him you can check out his work at My link

Sweet. just gotta check when new people post things like this.

Rock-on!

-shmalofan-:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still working on the files; its taking me longer than normal since I have other projects I am working on, and had to restart on some pieces. I also finally have a PD3 key, so I can work on the unfolds as well.

Wow the gurren lagann is so cool but the lazegann is magnificent yeahh!! jaja
You should made the lazegann it would be awesome

If finalmad can get the files, then it can be made; I've said it before, but I'm STILL slowly working on the GL files(had to restart after noticing a better way of cleanup).

The foot, shins, and arms are universal for both sides, but I should have the foot (and hopefully the shins) up first within the next two weeks, pending personal obligations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back