Gustav-092's - Emile's kukri knife prop (Heavy Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update :D

P10107592.jpg

P10107602.jpg

P10107612.jpg

P1010764-1.jpg

P1010763-2.jpg

P1010766-1.jpg

P1010765-1.jpg

yeah balsa wood its really nice for making wooden swords or knives. I had to make a wooden sword for something at school and i used that stuff and a belt sander to give it a nice even edge, same motion as sharpening a knife on a grinding wheel really.

looks awesome so far dude :D i might have to make carters knife or the multiplayer knife

this looks nice. but im curious on how the knife is sheathed and unsheathed o_O

Maybe tomorrow i'll upload a video but today i'm finishing the painting job...

yeah balsa wood its really nice for making wooden swords or knives. I had to make a wooden sword for something at school and i used that stuff and a belt sander to give it a nice even edge, same motion as sharpening a knife on a grinding wheel really.

looks awesome so far dude :D i might have to make carters knife or the multiplayer knife

Thanks dude... thats sounds great keep it in mind...

nice work! u wanna see mine? my grand father made it with wood and it looks mad, i will not paint it though. i'll only put a small pic so it doesnt look like im a thread stealer lol 4981371311_a4a9aea7aa_m.jpg
P8280101 by dan4dan4, on Flickr

yes it does go in sheath

btw, if i were you, unless your going to make casts of the knife, try using a hard wood, unless your using some sort of super streangth balsa wood lol

if you want i can remove the pic and put a link instead or something.... :p

nice work! u wanna see mine? my grand father made it with wood and it looks mad, i will not paint it though. i'll only put a small pic so it doesnt look like im a thread stealer lol 4981371311_a4a9aea7aa_m.jpg
P8280101 by dan4dan4, on Flickr

yes it does go in sheath

btw, if i were you, unless your going to make casts of the knife, try using a hard wood, unless your using some sort of super streangth balsa wood lol

if you want i can remove the pic and put a link instead or something.... :p

Thanks dude that one it's kickbadass... i'm not going to make a casts, but thanks...

what's the width of the Balsa wood also how did u make the outlines? did u just go and combine the parts of the PEP file into one?

That is a great idea! Using the pepakura model on paper and gluing it can cause it to warp (as my first two attempts did) which is a lot of work to straighten out in the end. Using wood is probably much easier than cutting and gluing all those tiny tabs. I think your prop looks awesome and I am inspired to try to make one from balsa wood as well. There is one tiny fly in the ointment; I really hate to bring this up, but no one else has mentioned it- Your bracket (sheath) is built backwards. If you look at pictures of Emille, his blade is mounted on his right shoulder with the sharp edge facing out. The big base plate is on bottom and the mounting bracket opens to the right not to the left as yours does. *wince* Your prop really does look nice and it does not need to be screen accurate for everybody to admire it. Keep up the good work!

That is a great idea! Using the pepakura model on paper and gluing it can cause it to warp (as my first two attempts did) which is a lot of work to straighten out in the end. Using wood is probably much easier than cutting and gluing all those tiny tabs. I think your prop looks awesome and I am inspired to try to make one from balsa wood as well. There is one tiny fly in the ointment; I really hate to bring this up, but no one else has mentioned it- Your bracket (sheath) is built backwards. If you look at pictures of Emille, his blade is mounted on his right shoulder with the sharp edge facing out. The big base plate is on bottom and the mounting bracket opens to the right not to the left as yours does. *wince* Your prop really does look nice and it does not need to be screen accurate for everybody to admire it. Keep up the good work!

I made my prop like that cause emile its ambidextrous. im right-handed so i made the prop for me like i custom one. AND THANKS DUDE

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back