H3 Marine - Done but Redoing it again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gixxer

Jr Member
This armor is made in 4 days .. no fiberglass is involved. expanding foam are used for strenghtening method.. im not satisfied with it and gonna redo a new one . gonna use different Pep file for chest and make a helm . the previous one doesnt hv a few pieces .

if u see the pics, u can see the back armor is small .. i forgot to scale it WITH the body armor ..its okay if i wear a thin shirt ..

4735341323_509cc60665_z.jpg

4735343997_1655b307fc.jpg

4735986330_c4aeb1bf6d.jpg

4735351533_35916241a0.jpg

4764136502_216c4cccd0.jpg

4763503931_deba3f2e15.jpg

4764144210_f08e94db32.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Redoing the armor for Comiket Summer in Big Sight Japan next month. hope i can get it done. So far, i just got the compack done .. :rolleyes

4769120896_4721416a2e.jpg

4769121498_c76b4e34e6.jpg

that still came out really nicely man
thanks

Very nice... So what purpose does the foam in the back piece serve??? Does it fill it, support, or is it comfy???
its a rigid polyurethane foam. once it cured, it hardens but still easy to cut off the excess. it served as a replacement for fiberglass to strengthen it . Comfy ? u cant tell because i use a body armor. but i doubt its comfy since its a rigid foam not those squishy ones ..

Im actually really interested in how you did it, where did you buy it from?

the foam is made of two parts. mix Part A and Part B in 1:1 ratio , and it will expand in 10-15seconds once u mixed it. fully cured in 4-5 minutes . strong enough for cons and super lightweight. i got it from a local chemical store. im sure u can get it easier in ur place . here in malaysia, we even having problem to get plain A4 cardstock without robbing a paper factory.

Wow 4 days! That is really really nice for something done so quickly. I can only begin to imagine what it would look like if you spent more time on it.

Also, that is quite and interesting technique you used to strengthen your armour. I might have to try this some time in the near future :)

Update 11 July 2010 :
Finished pepping the elbow and still havent cut helm yet. right now wanna try to get my sniper rifle finished first ..

Wow 4 days! That is really really nice for something done so quickly. I can only begin to imagine what it would look like if you spent more time on it.

Also, that is quite and interesting technique you used to strengthen your armour. I might have to try this some time in the near future :)

well even i take some time its still gonna be the same because i hate bondo and sanding .. haha .. well that just as an experiment since i have alot of expanding foam material.

problem with working with 2 part expanding foam is u have to get the ratio RIGHT .. messed it up , it may look ok .. but after a while , it will shrink and deform the whole pepakura .. i had to make a new elbow piece and one shoulder piece .. gonna use fiberglass for my new marine ..its messy but its stronger.. a bit heavier but i still prefer fiberglass ..

Super noob question, but I can't find the answers anywhere: HOW DID YOU ATTACH YOUR SHOULDER PIECES TO YOUR UNDERSUIT?
Or...how are you wearing it? I can't figure out how to best strap it on, and yours looks spot on!!!

Super noob question, but I can't find the answers anywhere: HOW DID YOU ATTACH YOUR SHOULDER PIECES TO YOUR UNDERSUIT?
Or...how are you wearing it? I can't figure out how to best strap it on, and yours looks spot on!!!

it was screw'ed on into the body armor ... the body armor has small pieces of plastic protectors .. thats why i wear that for all of my armors .. including my Spartan MKVI and Spartan CQB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back