Soft Parts H3: ODST Undersuit Analysis/WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another very small update, but I started work on the stomach pieces. This one will be a ton of work, but if I pull it off it'll look pretty good IMO.

View attachment 274732
View attachment 274733
View attachment 274734

Also, if anyone wants these "template" pep files and textures, I can throw them up for download at some point.
I would love a template please! This is on my tier three list and I don’t have the time with commissions to break it down myself.

But on another note. Wow! I mean wow. Looks sooooo stunning! You focus on the details and material breakdown is helping by. Guess I’ll be making a trip to Joann’s soon.

I would love a template please! This is on my tier three list and I don’t have the time with commissions to break it down myself.

But on another note. Wow! I mean wow. Looks sooooo stunning! You focus on the details and material breakdown is helping by. Guess I’ll be making a trip to Joann’s soon.

Here you go. Sorry that it's kinda messy, I tend to just slap stuff together when I'm in a hurry to try out a new idea. The torso should use the ODST_body_diffuse texture and the shoulder part should use the shoulderoutline texture. Let me know if anything doesn't work, I'll try my best to repackage it in a way that does work. Haha

I also included the shoulder strap template I'll be using as well, should be able to cut those out of 1/2"-3/4" EVA foam and glue some gray fabric to it in addition to sewing some nylon webbing on top for the actual "strap" part.

Attachments

• templates.zip
    141.8 KB · Views: 325
Wow! Thanks! Looking forward to this. Thank you so much!

Wow! Thanks! Looking forward to this. Thank you so much!
No problem! I try to release what I can - though there's a couple pep pieces I have yet to show that I may not be able to release. One is a modification of the JTM shin file, which I feel is the most accurate, with the exception of the knee being separated - so I attached it as accurately as I could in 3DS Max, but I'll have to see if I can get ahold of him to release my edit. The others are models from a source that I'm not sure I'll be able to contact about permission, but I still don't want to step on any toes. We'll have to see.

Bookmarked, you are a kind person for sharing this freely.

bookmarked been curious about how to do this

No problem! There's no reason to keep it to myself, cosplay and prop building to me is about sharing knowledge and ideas to continue to improve the quality of everyone's work - I can't imagine not wanting to see how other people can improve upon my own techniques.

Halo 3: ODST's armor has been my absolute favorite in the series, so I'd love to see even more people building it!

Also, here's the start of the "abs." Gonna pick up some paper for my palm sander and sand my neck seal and bevel these edges over the weekend.

20190726_204544.jpg

Bravo! Looks amazing. So excited to see your progress!

Looking really good man! I definitely gotta look into this for my ODST build as well lol.

Thank you for sharing these! I definitely need some ODST upgrades for my build so these are perfect. I love the amount of work and time you're putting into your suit!

Hey Rock Lobbster , this thread's last reply is almost 1.5 years ago. In forums it's frowned upon to reply to a post older than a year as this pushes old content back up and new stuff gets pushed down. Also referred to as necroposting.

(Just teasing)
Oh my god I never checked the dates and assumed it was current :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back