Haji's Odst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vacuform. I attempted to make just by heating up some clear plastic and placing it over. ehh didnt come out as expected. Anyone know where you can get sheets of clear plastic?

google. thats a good bet, if you live in callifornia blick art might have what you are looking for.

were do you get acses to a Vacuform?

I like the helmet.

I wish I could get cardboard results like that...

I would suppose he built a vaccuform.

i am haji said:
Vacuform. I attempted to make just by heating up some clear plastic and placing it over. ehh didnt come out as expected. Anyone know where you can get sheets of clear plastic?

You'll want to use PETG plastic - its clear and forms more easily than plexi or acrylic.

Check McMaster-Carr for sheets. 24"x24"x.05 was about $5 a sheet. Search for "PET" or "PETG"

www.mcmaster.com

Last edited by a moderator:
alirght thanks man! ill build the vacuform box this weekend. Anyone know how well vacuforming the armor would turn out if i used .4 styrene sheets?

ehh, i know you can find the weta odst pep file somewhere in the creation discussion under pep and cardboard. It has about 30 something pages, ive never needed to use pep before so i dont know if theres an index

Im sure the other odst models are under there as well

-----------------------------------

haha i fetced the one i used http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9396

Theres more under the pepakura and cardboard

ugh cardboard armor maker is such an art. id say it rivals even those who sculpt from clay. the medium (to me at least) is just so difficult to work with but some people render the most amazing pieces- like you my friend

sorry, helmet updates are really minor. Got school and fasting

IMG000013.jpg

Ill be making the armor peices molle compatibale

IMG000012.jpg

Neck collar and leg gauntlet are ready to be fiberglassed

Can anyone advise me what thickness styrene sheets i could use to vacuform these 2 parts?

IMG000021.jpg

IMG000020.jpg

still cameraless

Vac box is ready

IMG000023.jpg

i am haji said:
Neck collar and leg gauntlet are ready to be fiberglassed

Can anyone advise me what thickness styrene sheets i could use to vacuform these 2 parts?

IMG000021.jpg

IMG000020.jpg

still cameraless

Vac box is ready

IMG000023.jpg

so what did you make the visor out of? cardboard?

Last edited by a moderator:
Still like to know what thickness of styrene would best suited for vacuforming the leg gauntlet

Im thinking to go with the thinest as i can go then fiberglass the inside to hold its shape but im afraid the heat will tear a hole in it if its to hot

Wow I'm impressed you did that with only cardboard. I tried doing the ODST armor with cardboard but didn't get anything as good looking as yours. Great work man.

Its going to be a cold day in hell if this is going to be finishd by release date... not with college kicking me arse.

sigh* i shoulda bought that sony camera on sale the other day, but i didnt and im still forced to take web cam quality pictures, sorry guys

Project is being put on hold, dont have any reason to be working on it now. Probaly pick it back up next month.

IMG000024.jpg

Ever since i started fiberglassing 2 weeks ago, there hasnt been one sunny day

I think you should keep working on it. Hell, I'm broke, I had to scrap my two most completed pieces, (chest and helm) I'm not making it to the release, and it's cold as hell in Ottawa, but I'm still going. I say just try to make it for halloween (that's what I'm doing) take a break from it, maybe work on an SMG or something, then when you feel like it again, keep going on the armor. You actually really inspired me with your great work on your helmet, and it would be a shame to see you quit this far into the build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back