Half Life 2 ~ Gordon Freeman Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for those links.

*nods* Yes, that was more or less what I was planing to do. Do the models, tweak them to fit, then start working on the suit proper.

I do however have a question about the Pep program itself... how easy is it to modify the files? I'm debating tweaking the torso piece to look more like the beta artwork here. The exposed core on the back I mean.

(edit) And 5'7? ....Hm. Yea, I'm going to need to research how to scale the costume up then... 6'1 here.

Modifying the actual model in pep is impossible, that's not what the programs is designed to do. You're better off building the chest as is, then doing a scratch-build core piece and cutting the back of the chest away to fit it.

Scaling, however, is easy, open the following window:
2dPatternWindow -> Change Scale of Development -> Specify Scale...

And then modify the piece to suit your measurement. The numbers posted in my previous link would be the ones you would want to modify based on your personal measurements (i.e. if from the inside of your elbow to just below your wrist is longer or shorter than 10 inches, modify that axis appropriately), and the rest of the piece will scale with it.

I jigsawed the pieces to fit on 8.5"x11" (A4) paper, so if you increase the measurements more than a hair or two, you'll have to reorganize the pieces to fit on the paper again.

In case the PM's dont get through I just wanted to personally thank you guys that put together the pieces for us to be able to print and create the HEV suit.

We made the suit and put it in a short film.

I credited you in the credits to the film, since it probly wouldn't have happened if i had not found this.

Thanks for taking the time.

Ian

Here's the film: http://youtu.be/7GJ1CQ8A9cE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back