Halo 2 *Anniversary* HD Master Chief helmet WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuts4Accuracy

Hey guys. Started working on over-modelling the Halo 2 Anniversary Master Chief helmet into a High Definition and hopefully, 3D printable helmet.

As always, file will be uploaded when finished.

Pics thus far, 2 days in.

1617288804940.png

1617288842890.png

1617288900034.png

1617288925614.png

1617288966496.png

Helps me become a little more confident in blender, as usual.

Used an interesting technique this time to get the cuts in.

Started off drawing the details on a seperate plane before cutting them into the model. Alot of keyboard mashing was done. Wish there was an easier way.

1617289105830.png

Used an interesting technique this time to get the cuts in.

Started off drawing the details on a seperate plane before cutting them into the model. Alot of keyboard mashing was done. Wish there was an easier way.

View attachment 304787
As a Fusion360 user, I approve of this keyboard slapping method. It seems fairly similar to techniques that I use and it's getting awesome results!

Hahhah thanks! Wish I could afford a proper cad program. Would make modelling parts for cars easier.
Fusion360 does have a free* version but there's a few restrictions to what you can do with it. If you can get sweet results like this with Blender, I don't see any reason to switch!

What remesher do you use for Blender? I've tried a few but the best one I've used costs about $100 (I just used a trial for it)
Oh ive never remeshed in my life but ive heard horror stories with people trying to modify High Poly models so i though it's be easier i I just gave the low poly out instead.

Last edited:
Its LIVE!

Good luck loading the file. Blender crashed on me multiple times so I had to dial down the smoothing a bit.

Visorless option with vacuumforming buck will be provided soon.

Final shot of it

1617475679525.png

For the first time I actually feel like I did well to keep it accurate.

Last edited:
*Update* Visor-less option now included with 2 variants of the vacuum-forming tool. Mesh issues have also been addressed.

Disregard the "molding rights" request for the vacuum-forming tool. This is a neccesary exception since 3D printed vacuum-forming tools have nearly no strength when it comes to thermoforming.

1617543967513.png

1617543993713.png

It should be a snug fit once a pull is done, the inside of the helmet exactly matches the extra surface area of the visor buck, but I suggest scaling the visor down by 1% to account for the thickness of the plastic forming sheet.

Last edited:
Great work! The model looks top notch. Pretty sure this is the first H2 version I’ve seen. Think this is going to have to go on the just because it’s awesome print list

Great work! The model looks top notch. Pretty sure this is the first H2 version I’ve seen. Think this is going to have to go on the just because it’s awesome print list

Thanks! Yeah, I've noticed no one did a Halo 2 Anniversary 3d model yet (Besides the one that 343 commissioned from jtm1997 in collab with Stony Props) and thought hey, since I want one anyway, I might as well model it already. The file has actually been sitting on my computer for the past couple of months, just never got around to finishing it until this week, since my city went into lockdown again lol.

Last edited:
Soooo.

I've noticed a while ago that the campaign model and blur model had large differences.

I've tweaked my model to now reflect the Blur variant; but have not uploaded it as of yet.

It's a little hard to see but the campaign model had a texture over the nose area
1642389888071.png

which without textures; looked like this:

1642389816332.png

Which was then refined into this. So; the model that's public atm is the Campaign appearance.
1642389943445.png

Now the blur version has been updated to look like this:
1642389620408.png

to capture how it appears in here

Halo-Master-Chief-Collection-2020_Halo2Anniversary_Cinematic_13_NoWatermark_1920x1080 (1).png

Just the subtle things

Attachments

• 1642389754501.png
    1642389754501.png
    393.3 KB · Views: 150
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back