Halo 2 MC Helmet complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking very good! I'm curious to see this Idea for the vents you have.

If you cant sand it in a dirty building I have a solution for you if you don't mind wearing hearing protection.

Make a small wooden box with a peg board top, on the side of said box have a hole that will fit a shop vac hose. Set helmet on peg board top, put on hearing protection, turn on hooked up shop vac and start sanding.

The key here is to keep the box surface area small so it will have a decent amount of draw so it will suck in the sanding dust. Replacing the dust filter in the vac often, or cleaning it out depending on model will also keep up a good air flow.

If you need some pics or have any questions feel free to ask anytime.

One more thing.

Girl making armor for her Guy = One lucky Guy!

Just for detail. If you look at Spase's helmet, there is a bit of detail on the brim. I'm not dremeling all the way through, just enough to add dimension and not just plan flatness. I'll emphasize the dimension more when I paint.

Im detailing as we speak...

EDIT: done detailing. You'll get pictures when something important happens. I'm so excited and I can't wait to show you!

Yay! More pictures!

It's now painted, and being shown to everyone but who it's intended for. The visors are in the mail, and the shipper just sent them out yesterday (sucky). I need to have this done by next weekend, and I'm running out of time. Actually, next weekend sounds fairly feasible. So here's the piks:

Spackle isnt going to last too long, it's weak and used for filling cracks in the wall, notlike bondo for vehicles and such. But it does look very nice.

It's kinda more of a dark green than a black, but the camera doesn't really show it except for in the rear view. I wanted to make it darker than usual, just cause I thought it would be cool. I dropped it today (by accident) and it didn't do anything. It's rock solid, because I still used resin and fiberglass, and I don't think it will chip because there are too many layers of paint and sanding on there. Black/sand/black/sand/black/light sand/primer/sand/primer/light sand/green/black/hammered. lol. Painting it only took me about an hour.
It's not like I'm going to be letting it get used as a dirtbike helmet, or as roughly as a car would. It's definetely going to get treated with care.
And dacacheman, just cause you're cute doesn't mean you can't be obsessed with Halo. :cool:

Overall I spent about 50-75 clams on the MC costume and sold it for 300, I'm projecting to spend about 2000 on my second predator suit.

dacacheman said:
Overall I spent about 50-75 clams on the MC costume and sold it for 300, I'm projecting to spend about 2000 on my second predator suit.
So far i think your doing a great job. I like to see that the ladies are now moving in on the 405th.

Last edited by a moderator:
tsau-mia said:
I dropped it today (by accident) and it didn't do anything. It's rock solid, because I still used resin and fiberglass, and I don't think it will chip because there are too many layers of paint and sanding on there.

Doesn't matter unless you put multiple layers of resin on top of the spackle. Paint/primer/gesso are all paper thin with a small amount of flexibility, especially with the sanding you said you've done which might compromise that. I would highly suggest using a body filler or some type of epoxy clay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Impressive! You did a great job on it, it's also great to see alot more ladies doing this kind of thing.

Keep up the superb work!!!

As for the Batcave thing, I would suggest using Plexiglass for the cases :)
As well as machine gun security cameras :D

Okay, so I've hit a wall. I've made sylfo's double visor. It's nice. It fits, perfectly.

Now how do I get it to stay?

How does everyone else do it?

I need help! Please...

i was wondering the same thing. my guess is to kind of hot glue it in, but thats kind of stupid. it'll ruin a good visor. :cautious:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back