Halo 3 Assault Rifle (3D Print)

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 297416
Just gave it a bit of weathering, might do a bit more... not sure. I do still have to paint the amo counter a dark blue. It's almost done!
(edit) it looks better when the lighting isn't so bad. When I take it outside it's easier to see the grey area in the middle.
looking amazing cant wait to see the final product with al the components well done

Wow N8TEBB this looks amazing! I am getting ready to paint mine soon and will 100% be using yours as guidance.

Any tips / suggestions for how you did your weathering?

Wow N8TEBB this looks amazing! I am getting ready to paint mine soon and will 100% be using yours as guidance.

Any tips / suggestions for how you did your weathering?
Well, I'm not an expert but I found this method gets the job done.

What I do use use black acrylic paint, and add water to it so it's about 50% water, 50% paint. Then I use a brush and put in on the area I want weathered. I use a damp cloth and dab away the extra paint until There's only a bit left. I don't use any brown but that's just a preference thing.

I also use silver acrylic paint to add the paint chips around the edges. I just put a little bit on the brush and brush it on until it looks about right.

IMG_3721.JPG
IMG_3718.JPG
IMG_3714.JPG

Super happy with how it came out!
(edit) If anyone was wondering, the amo counter is just a paper print out that I glued on to the gun. It's not fancy I know, but it gets the job done.

Last edited:
I like making videos... so I'll probably post a build video eventually. Not that it would be informative to anyone, but in case you like watching me work instead of just reading about it. :)

Did you paint the ammo indicator, or is it printed

Out of curiosity - where did you get the image you printed?

da back.png

I believe it's from one of the assault rifle reference picture threads. Unfortunately I did not save the link so I have no clue where exactly I got it form, but this is the image I printed. You'll have to scale it before printing.

That is BEAUTIFUL! I think the weathering you did really made the metal look worn and imperfect (which is a good thing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back