Halo 3 Assault Rifle (3D Print)

MrJamin

Wow N8TEBB this looks amazing! I am getting ready to paint mine soon and will 100% be using yours as guidance.

Any tips / suggestions for how you did your weathering?

N8TEBB

Wow N8TEBB this looks amazing! I am getting ready to paint mine soon and will 100% be using yours as guidance.

Any tips / suggestions for how you did your weathering?
Well, I'm not an expert but I found this method gets the job done.

What I do use use black acrylic paint, and add water to it so it's about 50% water, 50% paint. Then I use a brush and put in on the area I want weathered. I use a damp cloth and dab away the extra paint until There's only a bit left. I don't use any brown but that's just a preference thing.

I also use silver acrylic paint to add the paint chips around the edges. I just put a little bit on the brush and brush it on until it looks about right.

N8TEBB

IMG_3721.JPG
IMG_3718.JPG
IMG_3714.JPG

Super happy with how it came out!
(edit) If anyone was wondering, the amo counter is just a paper print out that I glued on to the gun. It's not fancy I know, but it gets the job done.

Last edited:

N8TEBB

I like making videos... so I'll probably post a build video eventually. Not that it would be informative to anyone, but in case you like watching me work instead of just reading about it. :)