Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomRanger

DMO, Armory, and Forum Support
Division Staff
Community Staff
Member DIN
S063
Due to request, I made a set of part reference images for the Halo 3 Chief. These may not be the best for color matching, but they should show most of the details.
Happy building!

Google Drive link with organized original: Halo3ChiefReferences - Google Drive

Bicep
bicep_back.png
bicep_front.png
bicep_inside.png
bicep_outside.png

Boot
boot_back.png
boot_front.png
boot_inside.png
boot_outside.png
boot_bottom.png

Chest
chest_back.png
chest_front_1.png
chest_side.png

Forearm
forearm_front.png
forearm_inside.png
forearm_outside.png
forearm_side.png

Helm
helm_back.png
helm_front.png
helm_side.png
helm_top.png

Neck Seal
neck_seal_front.png

Shin
shin_back.png
shin_front.png
shin_inside.png
shin_outside.png

Thigh
thigh_back.png
thigh_front.png
thigh_inside.png
thigh_outside.png

Undersuit
undersuit_ab_side.png
undersuit_abs.png
undersuit_ankle_back.png
undersuit_back.png
undersuit_elbow.png
undersuit_inner_thigh.png
undersuit_knee.png
undersuit_shoulder_back.png
undersuit_shoulder_front.png
undersuit_toes.png

Waist
waist_back.png
waist_front.png
waist_side.png

Last edited:
close up space diapers for the win!

This is awesome. Thank you for doing this RandomRanger! We need more thread like this.

What were you running and running on? MCC on PC?
Hmm, both? I run MCC on my xbox one at 1080p, start game where I have no weapon equipped (tricky for chief armor) and simply stand still in bright lighting, making sure to rotate the character to all angles and positions. I then load up the theater of my game play (more standing in a light than play) and zoom in on each individual piece at every angle. I then stream my xbox to my pc at high fidelity and use a screenshot tool (lightshot) to capture the images, making sure to label them appropriately as seen in my GDrive links. This can also be done by recording video on the xbox, uploading it to the cloud, and downloading it to pc, but that's a bigger hassle. The result is images of parts that are close to filling almost 1080p screenspace all by themselves which is how I get the high resolution. My Reach thread was done using the Reach Insider, so that's a bit crisper.

Each time around I pick up on little tricks and improvements to make the process faster, more efficient, with higher quality results, and any next set of reference images would be recorded slightly more refined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back