halo 3 hunter 10' tall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made a good dent in some resin. I got the spines and knuckles coated in and out. Right sholder in and out. Boots braced an one coat on the out side. Head in and out.

20160304_184740.jpg

20160304_184759.jpg

20160304_184805.jpg

1457142960775-1801517514.jpg

Hopefully I can get first coat on everything tomorrow.

Just a quick update. Boots coated in and out, stomach plates coated in and out, left sholder coated out side. I will get some more done tomorrow.

Lookin good, Hopkins! I'm stoked to see another hunter finished in the near future!

So today is my birthday! (39) :wacko I also ended up not having to work to day, so off to the garage to do some more resin. I have made a little progress, I got the left sholder coated in and out, and the thighs coated on the outside. I am going to try to get the shins and cod piece done today too.

Happy Birthday dude!!!! 1 more till the big 40!!! You're getting old!!!!!:lol......oh wait.....I'm 46.......Alzheimers is setting in. :facepalm I'm old.......

Happy Birthday dude!!!! 1 more till the big 40!!! You're getting old!!!!!:lol......oh wait.....I'm 46.......Alzheimers is setting in. :facepalm I'm old.......

Its nice to know I'm not getting into this hobby too late having just turned 31.

Finally! I got everything coated in and out. I will lay it all out tomorrow and post a picture of the whole suit, minus the shield. I will be picking it up on Monday from the print shop.

The whole suit, minus the shield and spines.

20160313_170155.jpg20160313_170206.jpg20160313_170217.jpg

20160313_170321.jpg20160313_170334.jpg20160313_170359.jpg

20160313_170428.jpg

In the 4th pictures it's hard to see but it's 10 feet. I also started to glass the chest, it will take a while, there is a ton of little grooves in the back I have to fill with glass. The rest of it won't be too bad.

Got you both beat. :(

The hunter pieces look great! Have you started thinking yet about how you're going to do the soft areas?

Ya, for the worms I am going to use an orange colored fabric and stitch the worms into it and air brush the segments onto it. For the spaces in between the shin to thigh, thigh to cod, chest to sholder, and sholder to fore arm I am planning on black vinyl fabric. That way I can stich in some detail on the knees and elbows.

Sounds somewhat similar to what I have planned for mine, if I ever get around to building it. At the rate Master Chief is going I don't know that I'll be able to complete the whole MC & Hunter combo plan, since I intend to remodel all the Hunter parts with full detailing as well.

Sounds somewhat similar to what I have planned for mine, if I ever get around to building it. At the rate Master Chief is going I don't know that I'll be able to complete the whole MC & Hunter combo plan, since I intend to remodel all the Hunter parts with full detailing as well.

Keep at with those builds, your MC is turning out amazing. I now that your hunter will too. The attention to detail that you have with your projects is outstanding.

Sweet Jesus! That thing looks intimidating just laying on the floor. So probably a nooby question but how do you plan to get through doorways? Also how wide is it? I can't wait to see more.

Sweet Jesus! That thing looks intimidating just laying on the floor. So probably a nooby question but how do you plan to get through doorways? Also how wide is it? I can't wait to see more.

Thank you, and door ways will suck. Fortunately the event center that I will be at has big doors and high ceilings. As for the width it will be in the 48 to 54 range. That will just depend on how I do the "back pack upper skeleton "

Very nice work, I've been keeping an eye on this thread for a while. However, I'm genuinely curious how you plan to carry this amount of fibreglass anywhere, plus the foam, and any internal framework. I made my MK.V glass layer fairly dense, probably more than it needed to be, and it was a bit heavy.
I imagine that each limb of the hunter would weigh a fair bit and would need something fairly strong to hold it to the chest. Are you going to build some sort of internal armour frame to help hold it together like in Fallout 4?

Now that you have it all laid out.......HOLY CROW!!! That thing is massive. I truly didn't appreciate the enormity of the suit till now. I was amazed at each individual piece......but now!!!! FANTASTIC!!!! How are you "Jointing" it. Talking about the gaps between the pieces......unless I missed that part of the thread......

Alkatraz, thank you. Yes it's going to be a bit heavy, I am not going to get too crazy with the thickness of the glass. That should help with the weight. I am shooting for a solid 1/8 inch everywhere and 3/16 inch where needed. As for a internal frame, ya I have been scratching my head on ideas. I have come up with a couple of good shoulder and elbow jiont ideas.

20160314_165309.jpg This is my thought for the elbow. The lever will controll the fore arm.

20160314_165320.jpg This is the shoulder joint. I found some 50mm round gear shifter balls on ebay for cheep. Which will accept a piece of all thread that I will use to attach it to the arm. I am planning on locking the ball in between a few layers of plywood, with any luck it should have a fairly good range of motion.

20160314_165336.jpg This is my thought for the backpack / harness. The plan is to make a hook like system for it to rest on my shoulders and then strap it on around my chest and waist.

Dirtdives, the areas in between the parts I am planning going on a black vinyl fabric. That way I can stitch the knee and elbow detail into it. As for the worms I will be using an orange fabric of some kind and stitching the worms into it and then air brushing the segments into it.

Please don't mind the messy drawings, I might be able build just about anything, but my drawing skills suck.:thumbsdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back