Halo 3 Limited Edition Helmet= Possible Model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowFox17

Im not the one for fancy first post's but ill get to that later, my question to the veterans here is, Would it be wise to use a H3 Limited Edition helmet as a model.

Now before a couple of merchandise zealots go banana's, the helmet was damaged by a tool wielding a tool, to put it bluntly, and now has lovely cross shapes in the visor and is missing a small panel in the mouth piece.

Well I got a new one and i have no real use for the other, so i was thinking of using it as a model. Would it work, or will it turn out to be a epic failure and i should stick to the paper?

Now for the first post fanciness. This is the first time i've seen this site, and i have to say, THANK YOU! This place is great, members posting tutorials, a new thing ive never seen called a 'pep' and the friendliness that all you guys, and girls give off is more then enough to keep me here and submit my thoughts, ideas and models on armour building.

EDIT: btw sorry if this is in the wrong thread, but newbies cant post in the other threads.

o-o I wouldn't see the harm in such a thing if you have a spare...but I'm not really experienced with what you're asking to do with it >.> so...feel free to wait for someone who is not a noob.

As far as I know, you could use it as a model. If I remember correctly, a guy did scratch build a helm using the legendary as a model. I'll try to find it, but I believe that he did a fiberglassing tutorial using his piece.

Pep stands for pepakura, which is a program that renders 3d models onto 2d sheets of paper. These pieces are cut out and attached, so the end result is a "pep"(ped) piece of armor.

I say go ahead, but beware. Make sure that the helmet will fit, if you aren't planning on using a lot of clay or scratch building. The legendary helm is a relatively accurate piece.

Good Luck and Cheers!

Thanks Sniper!

I had a quick look an hour ago at it and if i do manage to gut it, it should fit rather fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back