Halo 3 Limited Legendary Edition "case"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Forum Founder
Member DIN
S800
Legendary Edition

The CE will be called “Legendary Edition” and is a replica of Master Chief’s helmet complete with four DVD discs. The first disc will be the game disc, the second will contain documentaries and developer comments, the third disc is all about the spin-off material that has been created (Red vs. Blue, Spark of Life etc) and the last disc will contain all of the cut scenes from Halo 1 to 3 in HD. (you can see it on the 3rd photo)

THAT'S AWESOME, but, a few questions:
one, can you take the helmet off and wear it???!!!?!?!?!
two, i see no place for the disks to go...

I am SO buying this!!! pre order here i come!

Its probably wayyyyy smaller than you think it is. I'm sure it opens by taking the helmet "off" to reveal the disks.

good thing I have pictures for you!!

helmet2.jpg

helmet.jpg

the fact that these are already manufactured makes me wonder when Halo 3 is going to be coming out.

Thats pretty sweet, I'm hoping that it can be worn, either something to wear instead of making my own, or using as a refrence when making my own.

I wish I could see other angles of it.

It's not as accurate as the top one in the previous post.. THAT one would be to die for. Dunno' where that one came from, but that looks very accurate.

The one that shows the helmet off the base seems a lot less accurate, but I'd need shots from other angles to be sure.

(read the base if you don't beleive me that they're different)

SPARTAN+MJOLNIR=OWNAGE said:
Cool, but, what's the non-helmet container? An HEV? no, doesn't look like it, but then what? :?:

Maybe just a cool container, or perhaps it is something significant in the single player campaign.

If we assume the hazard striped container to be as wide as a dvd, it could definitely be large enough to wear.

amazing...

Last edited by a moderator:
Or it might have like a rectangular hole, about 4+ DVD cases in size.

If they went with a rectangular hole, it'd stop the helmet from flopping around, I'm guessing that's what they've done.. there's no way the post (containing the videos) in the picture is as big as a human head.

Head = approx. 9-12" tall
DVD = 7-1/2" tall

Head= approx 5"-7" wide
4 DVD's= 2-1/2" wide

Forehead to back of head = approx 8"-9" deep
DVD = 5-1/4" deep

(I made the head range a little large because you need to have room for padding and stuff, but as you can see from the Width and Depth.. there's just no way.)

I wish it was like a mannequin kinda' head, with strips cut out of the face for the DVD's to sit in. Kinda' like a head shaped DVD holder. You know.. big enough to allow us to wear the helmet.

Hmm.. although I can just about guarantee that you won't see out of that visor.
-Mike

hey im new, and thats pretty cool to know, people still think its pretty small, they also think that only thier cats can wear it :roll:

hey, that'd be awesome to have a cat run around in that.

it will be ALMOST life size, but not wearable.

Too funny.. I'll bet that cat pic shows up in weird places a few months from now.

That H3 helmet is inaccurate.. enough to be disturbing. That's got to be a prototype... even from this angle the differences are pretty notable.

At least I HOPE that's a prototype.. Maybe they'll commission Weta to do the final one? It's pretty close to a Halo 2 helmet though, maybe even completely accurate? (I haven't looked at it with that in-mind)

I'm probably going to have to start altering H2 images into animated GIFs or something so you guys can start seeing what I'm seeing.... Sucks that I dont have internet at home right now. I doubt my boss would be appreciative, and I don't have much time after work.

That's no cat, it's a chinchilla.
Kinda like a kangaroo + Rabbit + Squirrel. Weird animals, and proud to own 2!

Deadguy said:
I'm probably going to have to start altering H2 images into animated GIFs or something so you guys can start seeing what I'm seeing.... Sucks that I dont have internet at home right now. I doubt my boss would be appreciative, and I don't have much time after work.

I've been trying to do something similar. My quest has been to find a high resolution straight on photo of the armor, to calculate scale. And it's actually been pretty tough. It may come down to hooking my 360 into my capture card on my PC, and getting the images that way.

I think we all need some accurate reference materials.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hands down.. the best way to calculate scale is through proportions. Like measuring between two points on your body, and comparing it to any old image of the masterchief.. then use that scale to figure-out the height of the helmet..

Once you do that, you're able to figure-out the scale of any masterchief image where the helmet is visible.

At some point, I recommend getting a full body picture of someone, and drawing the armour onto them. It will teach you a lot about the scale with regards to an actual human, rather than the fake, nonproportional human we know as the masterchief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back