Halo 3 Marine Armour Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garland

It seems everyone is working on MJOLNIR and ODST armours, so I decided to fill in the H3 Marine stuff people have been wanting. I'm not the best at modeling but I'm doing what I can.

Here's what I've got:
Helmet
Chest pdo
Shoulder pdo
Left Shin pdo
Right Shin pdo
<a href="http://www.4shared.com/file/60147607/ae772f3f/pilot_chest_attachment.html" target="_blank">Pilot Chest Attachment
</a>Elbow Plate

shoulder 3ds
torso 3ds
comm backpack and helmet size tester will be released with full armour pack

Pics:
H3Marine_helmet.jpg

H3_shoulder1.jpg

H3Marine_torso.jpg

H3Marine_shin.jpg

Last update 10/7 (fixed elbow plate link)

are you doing the marine from halo 3 or from the earlier ones

All i have is the Halo 1 (i think it might be halo 2)

marine.jpg

I have yet to get to Halo 3, are the marines significantly different in there? I just put together the pep for the helmet last night and don't want to go further if I would have to do major changes.

i made the shoulder yesterday. it looks good, but took a while to scale it correctly. cant wait for the body!

rachciav said:
i made the shoulder yesterday. it looks good, but took a while to scale it correctly. cant wait for the body!

Wait, so you made the shoulder I posted? Could you post a pic(s)? And any information to scale the final version would be great.

WarHead9705 said:
NZ-TK made the odst helm and is going to be doing the armor shortly. So you should just focus on the regular marine!

That's what I'm doing, but having an ODST helm would make doing the Marine helm a lot easier because it's basically the same thing but with the chin removed.

@ SGT V: Yes, the H3 is quite different from the H1 & H2

@ Spartan 051: I have that model, and am going to use it as a base and for checking the proportions.

Edit: ^^ shoulder pic in first post ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
What kinda timeframe are we looking at for the helmet? I was about to start a H1 marine helmet but I may wait until yours is finished.

Anyone have a good reference pic for the H3 marine? I do not have the game (yet) so I am unable to get my own right now.

Note: 15cm scaling is definately too small, unless you are under 3 feet tall. I think Pep designer takes the pentagon at the bottom into account for the height. I will try again tomorrow

yea i finished the shoulder you posted. but it was way too small, so i scaled it up i thin about 20 cm wide but im not sure, and thats probably too small for most people since im really thin. ill post some of the pics as soon as my computer stops being all laggy cause i cant even get photobucket up with out making the whole thing stop responding (grrrrr) i just plastered the inside of the shoulder too. it looks really good, i cant wait till the rest of the armor is done.

@ SGT V: Are you not doing your H1 helmet because you might do the H3 instead? I'm saving that for last (because I really dread doing another helmet), but if you want a H1 Marine helmet (or any other piece), follow the link in my sig and download the HCE Marine armour pack.

@ Spartan 051: Wings 3d. Because I'm a newb and can't work with anything else.

Thanks for the support guys; I'm glad my work is satisfactory. :) And to solve the scaling problem I'm going to move the pentagon in the final model so it doesn't affect the scaling too much.

I think I already have all those files. I have decided to go ahead with the H1 version of the helmet at least. This is my first pep helmet and I want something a little easier. Now I am just collecting the reference pics for it. When I decide to do the whole armor, I will be doing the H3 version, I do not like the plain looking plates in the original versions of the marine.

My pep of the helmet is the right size but I have to trim out the opening, which is harder with the section near the ears being blocked in. Not impossible but more difficult. I will be starting a thread soon when I get a little further, lots of works stuff getting in the way.

I am watching this thread with great interest. I will be folding these pieces as they become available.

I'm nearly done with the torso piece; just a few details left to do. It's meant to be two pieces, front and back. Under the arms it clasps together, and above the shoulders it uses a strap and a backpack clip to attach. Before I finalise the piecce I need to decide how it will assemble.

There's two options:
1. Build it in two pieces. This would make it easier, but potentially a small amount of warpage could mean that the solid lower pieces don't line up perfectly.

2. Go the FS route and keep the torso one piece and add supports. This ensures it keeps its shape, but when cut in two it would be up to you to fill the gaps.

If that's hard to understand, well, I'll think of a better way to word it.

id say what evers easier for you, cause it would work fine for me either way. but if its easier to just leave it attached, then do that, or if its easier to make it in 2 then do that. i like the way FS has his though if that helps, but id say go with wats easier.

I think the support idea is the better route. Some of these are hard to keep straight without supports. WHen they are designed in it ensure you keep things squared off. I have noticed making my own supports sometimes causes further warpage.

I have the torso piece done. Kinda reminds me of FS's torso because of the indents everywhere. I just need to add the supports and I will release the torso beta. The final armour pack will also include the torso in two pieces; not sure if I'll unfold it, though (the ONE piece w/struts WILL BE UNFOLDED).

I'm going to (hopefully) start the shins this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back