Halo 3 - Master Chief's Mk Vi Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinchesterX1000

hey everyone i'm charlie and a new guy to the prop-making game. i stumbled across this forum a couple of weeks ago and i thought man i need to get in on that. so here it is, my first creation the Mk VI. i made this using a low def pepakura file and so far i'm up to the what you guys across the pond call the bondo stage, currently in the first layer and i have not bought any detailing tool yet but once i've finished (smooth and all that) i'll see if i can get my hands on some. p.s. if anyone in the UK is wondering, you can use the red paste hardener with resin and fibreglass (its actually better). if there are any improvements that need to be made please say. :D

Welcome to the forums. I just got to say that your helmet is looking really great right now. From being just a low def model in pepakura it looks awesome. I'm really looking forward for you to finish this helmet.

Great job and Good luck.

Andrew.

hey guys, just a little update, i recorded a little video earlier, of my bondo stage, here u go :D

(i reckon you will have to copy and paste this if i haven't actually made the link, sorry)

Last edited by a moderator:
It most definatly is looking good, especially for a Low Def File, but i see where your running into issues with your filler. The best thing advice i can give you to help smooth out the imperfections on the filler your using would be to make some "Rondo" Now, i dont know all the chemicals your using, but from the video and the pictures, it seems like your using both two part fiberglass and two part body filler, So what i would do is mix the two, then you can use the more liquid "Rondo" to fill in the imperfections that you have, because trust me, trying to get those out can be a real chore, But other then that it really is looking great, another little tip, sand at least 220, or above for the finish sand so you get a nice even smooth coat of paint one you get to it : D

Largen said:
It most definatly is looking good, especially for a Low Def File, but i see where your running into issues with your filler. The best thing advice i can give you to help smooth out the imperfections on the filler your using would be to make some "Rondo" Now, i dont know all the chemicals your using, but from the video and the pictures, it seems like your using both two part fiberglass and two part body filler, So what i would do is mix the two, then you can use the more liquid "Rondo" to fill in the imperfections that you have, because trust me, trying to get those out can be a real chore, But other then that it really is looking great, another little tip, sand at least 220, or above for the finish sand so you get a nice even smooth coat of paint one you get to it : D

yep, its two part, so i'll give rondo a shot. does anyone know where there are any rondo tutorials, as i don't want to screw it up. thanks for your advice and support everyone :D

Hmmm, im not actually sure where any Rondo tutorials are... but its really simple, 1/2 and 1/2 seems to work well, it really depends how liquid you want it, and adjust it accordingly... but it would be a good idea to try to find a tutorial .... Good luck!

Largen said:
Hmmm, im not actually sure where any Rondo tutorials are... but its really simple, 1/2 and 1/2 seems to work well, it really depends how liquid you want it, and adjust it accordingly... but it would be a good idea to try to find a tutorial .... Good luck!

cheers man! i'll get to work when i get a chance, my parents said i have to concentrate on ma GCSEs until their over, which aint for another 3 weeks! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! sorry guys, check back tomorrow, i might have a small update before i check out for 3 weeks :(

EDIT: i will still be on the forums but i won't be building anything

Largen said:

cheers man! i'll get to work when i get a chance, my parents said i have to concentrate on ma GCSEs until their over, which aint for another 3 weeks! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! sorry guys, check back tomorrow, i might have a small update before i check out for 3 weeks :(

EDIT: i will still be on the forums but i won't be building anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back