Halo 3 Mk VI - Can I get a little direction here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Jarvis on line now. This is something I want to see!!!

Funny, I actually named my phone AI Jarvis. It has more functions than the "Hey, Google" built in AI. And is connected to every database I can think of, like Wolfram Alpha and such. So it gives better info and calculations like Jarvis does.

All you've gotta do is call out "Jarvis!" and the phone pops up. The voice is similar, but not quite like Starks

paintball in halo armor? you would be kinda slow i would think.

Check in the forum.....someone was asking about helmet use for air soft gaming....Chernobyl set him straight on that course of action.

Check in the forum.....someone was asking about helmet use for air soft gaming....Chernobyl set him straight on that course of action.

I saw that.

- - - Updated - - -

hey i forgot to ask what weapons are you going to be making? kirbyhalo not you dirtdives i have asked you already.

I'm not going to go out fighting crime.... Unless I made an iron man suit.... FULLY FUNCTIONAL! jk

Funny you should mention... Sandbagger is currently wrapping up his iron man build that I would highly recommend you check out. http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=37620&highlight=sandbagger Smart and talented man there.

As for the styrofoam I mentioned.. You know that weird light greenish strofoam they put in fake potted plants instead of dirt? That stuff just scratches away rather than the regular bubbly stuff that breaks apart. I think it is what sandbagger uses. I've seen it for sale at craft stores like Michael's or anywhere that sells stuff to make a fake flower arrangement. Great luck with the build! You've got my interest. :)

Funny you should mention... Sandbagger is currently wrapping up his iron man build that I would highly recommend you check out. http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=37620&highlight=sandbagger Smart and talented man there.

As for the styrofoam I mentioned.. You know that weird light greenish strofoam they put in fake potted plants instead of dirt? That stuff just scratches away rather than the regular bubbly stuff that breaks apart. I think it is what sandbagger uses. I've seen it for sale at craft stores like Michael's or anywhere that sells stuff to make a fake flower arrangement. Great luck with the build! You've got my interest. :)

Is that Green Foam (called Wet Foam) going to react the same when I pour aluminum in? It's gotta melt right away and make way for the aluminum. As long as it melts similar to regular styrofoam, we may have a winner. I'll have to freehand the whole suit though, and I'm not exactly an artist.

- - - Updated - - -

I saw that.

- - - Updated - - -

hey i forgot to ask what weapons are you going to be making? kirbyhalo not you dirtdives i have asked you already.

I don't know if I'll make weapons just yet. I'll stick to making the suit first, Then worry about weapons after I have succeeded with the suit. Probably an energy sword would be cool in aluminum, dont you think?

- - - Updated - - -

Is that Green Foam (called Wet Foam) going to react the same when I pour aluminum in? It's gotta melt right away and make way for the aluminum. As long as it melts similar to regular styrofoam, we may have a winner. I'll have to freehand the whole suit though, and I'm not exactly an artist.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if I'll make weapons just yet. I'll stick to making the suit first, Then worry about weapons after I have succeeded with the suit. Probably an energy sword would be cool in aluminum, dont you think?

Oh yeah, and may I mention, Aluminum is just as hard as steel but TONS lighter? That iron man guy's build is 77 lbs. Mine will be twice as thick and half the weight.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, and may I mention, Aluminum is just as hard as steel but TONS lighter? That iron man guy's build is 77 lbs. Mine will be twice as thick and half the weight.
I am thinking of making a energy sword out of aluminum. and it would look sick.

Again, you should read through his build. I don't know what it is called (update: yes it is wet foam ). Also many of Sandbagger's suit parts are aluminum.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

free handing is easier than it looks.

So essentially what you're saying is that you want to take an existing file, and make it into a bunch of thin slices that you can then proceed to make out of styrofoam, is that right? In blender that wouldn't be too difficult. You would just have to use a box and do a bunch of difference operations.

So essentially what you're saying is that you want to take an existing file, and make it into a bunch of thin slices that you can then proceed to make out of styrofoam, is that right? In blender that wouldn't be too difficult. You would just have to use a box and do a bunch of difference operations.

lol, I know what you just said is supposed to make me feel better about slicing it up, but you just made me realize how unable I am to do slicing.

I know my friend is great with blender, but the chances of getting him to help me with something out of goodwill is slim to none. Do you think you could help me out here? You have no idea how much I'd appreciate it

I could probably help some, I have school and other projects so my help will be limited. Can you point me to which files you want done?

I could probably help some, I have school and other projects so my help will be limited. Can you point me to which files you want done?

If you have an email I can send it to, I have all the files I'm using put into .obj files. Also in PDO and .STP formats too. Which would you prefer and where do I send it to?

Also, to be able to make it, I'd need the support struts removed from inside the objects and thickness added to the walls of the objects. I've been playing around with Blender but I can't figure out for the life of me even how to just select the damn object... *sigh... Dunno why it's so hard to figure out, I'm usually pretty tech savvy.

If you have an email I can send it to, I have all the files I'm using put into .obj files. Also in PDO and .STP formats too. Which would you prefer and where do I send it to?

Also, to be able to make it, I'd need the support struts removed from inside the objects and thickness added to the walls of the objects. I've been playing around with Blender but I can't figure out for the life of me even how to just select the damn object... *sigh... Dunno why it's so hard to figure out, I'm usually pretty tech savvy.

I found a design architect who wants to help with the modeling stuff, so I might have it covered. I'll let you know if anything changes, but I might be all good.

My mind is running wild with how kick ass it would be to have a true metal suit. Definitely subbing. How do you melt the aluminum? Would you need traditional foundry type tools? What's the melting point of aluminum anyway?

My mind is running wild with how kick ass it would be to have a true metal suit. Definitely subbing. How do you melt the aluminum? Would you need traditional foundry type tools? What's the melting point of aluminum anyway?

Aluminum can be melted in a Foundry. You can make a foundry with some simple tools to melt free scrap aluminum and cans to make it. To make the foundry, it will probably cost under $50, and the whole process is simple. After making the foundry, you just melt the metals, use something to pull out the dross (imperfections) out of the molten aluminum, and pour it into a mold.

A mold can be made by simply making Styrofoam mold, covering the Styrofoam with sand, a little of the Styrofoam sticking out, then pouring the metal in, which will melt the Styrofoam almost instantly and will cool and harden in its place. Then you file and sand it, and paint. In my opinion, more fun, less time, and less expensive (fail a mold? Re-melt the aluminum. Easy!)

It is a trial and error period at first to get the hang of molding something, but when you've got it down, it's really fun and cheap. I'll either link a video of someone else making the forge or when I do it. But I'll post all the details and steps so anyone else can follow my method too. I think aluminum melts at 1221 degrees Fahrenheit. You can make the foundry out of a leaf blower or shop vac (something that blows air) 2 plastic flower buckets, some tubing (a short metal tube and a plastic pic thing to attach the tube to the shop vac) and some plaster of Paris and sand (all about $30-$40). It is fueled by charcoal briquettes and the shop vac blows air, which makes it burn really hot. Anyway, details to come later, just a run down. I hope to show you how it works and intrigue your imagination!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back