Halo 3 ODST 1st build for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha yeah. Gotta do what I gotta do. Trying to at least make the posts legitimate versus spamming randominess and pissing off the admins. I also see you’re part of the Canadian Reg. Did you see that TNTcosplaySupply is no longer shipping to Canada?? If you have used that store in the past that is.
I only briefly looked into TNT foam, but I figured for a first project I didn't want to confuse myself with different thicknesses, so mine's just flor mats from the hardware store. To be honest though, the shipping wouldn't be a problem cause I live so close to the states I often have stuff shipped to a friend there cause its cheaper. Even though the windsor-detroit bridge is closed except for essential travel, I can still get things across because my family knows enough nurses that cross regularly. That's actually how I got my 3D printer shipped. haha

TnT shipping to Mississauga Ontario, Canada is brutal. Cuz its coming from Texas it would double the price of your order. I looked into it once. I had about $100 in foam when it calculated the shipping it's was another $100. This is in USD. Now convert that to CAD.... No sir. I don't like it.
Now I order from Arda Wigs Canada. They carry Lumin's Workshop foam.

TnT shipping to Mississauga Ontario, Canada is brutal. Cuz its coming from Texas it would double the price of your order. I looked into it once. I had about $100 in foam when it calculated the shipping it's was another $100. This is in USD. Now convert that to CAD.... No sir. I don't like it.
RIP us canadians. And that's why I ain't a fan of online stores. Not to mention shipping to Canada also takes an eternity

I only briefly looked into TNT foam, but I figured for a first project I didn't want to confuse myself with different thicknesses, so mine's just flor mats from the hardware store. To be honest though, the shipping wouldn't be a problem cause I live so close to the states I often have stuff shipped to a friend there cause its cheaper. Even though the windsor-detroit bridge is closed except for essential travel, I can still get things across because my family knows enough nurses that cross regularly. That's actually how I got my 3D printer shipped. haha
Look at you being the good old fashioned smuggler hahaha floor mats do wonders and they’re cheap as all hell. I started using TNT a while ago because they always have great deals. In the store, craft foam is about $30 a Mat for 5ftx2ft, and TNT sells, depending on thickness, the same size or even bigger for a third of the cost. Bought some useful crafting tools from there too. That’s convenient though you have a work around for getting supplies to you. What project are you working on right now?

Look at you being the good old fashioned smuggler hahaha floor mats do wonders and they’re cheap as all hell. I started using TNT a while ago because they always have great deals. In the store, craft foam is about $30 a Mat for 5ftx2ft, and TNT sells, depending on thickness, the same size or even bigger for a third of the cost. Bought some useful crafting tools from there too. That’s convenient though you have a work around for getting supplies to you. What project are you working on right now?
Not making anything halo right now, but just recently finished my first suit ever! It's the one in my profile pic. I usually spend my time 3D printing stuff, I don't regularly make full costumes. For now I'm just hanging around on the 405th

Not making anything halo right now, but just recently finished my first suit ever! It's the one in my profile pic. I usually spend my time 3D printing stuff, I don't regularly make full costumes. For now I'm just hanging around on the 405th
Well from what I can see in your profile pic, that looks solid. I’m tackling this ODST, trying for a Spartan next and then I’m gonna beer off to make a Clone Trooper and eventually give a try at a detailed Diablo 3 build. Figured the details of an ODST will help me hone my skills lol I would like to hop on the 3D printer side of things eventually. The Creality CR-10 seems to have a big enough print bed that doesn’t break the bank, but that won’t be until I get out of my small apartment and have an actual office lol

Geez no mercy for you guys huh? That’s insane but I guess importing/exporting is hardly ever cheap. I’d hear that from the Canadians I met in Afghanistan all the time.

Geez no mercy for you guys huh? That’s insane but I guess importing/exporting is hardly ever cheap. I’d hear that from the Canadians I met in Afghanistan all the time.
Sometimes it's brutal, sometimes it's fine. Just roll the dice and hope for the best.

Also somehow I've missed a bunch of updates on this thread and everything is looking awesome. Keep it up trooper!

The Creality CR-10 seems to have a big enough print bed that doesn’t break the bank, but that won’t be until I get out of my small apartment and have an actual office lol
I've got a CR-10 myself, and it's a great printer. For anyone getting a new printer though, I would recommend getting something above the base model, like the v2 or the 10s. Not that my printer's given me trouble, but because of the way it's designed. I feel like the chances of it lasting as long are slimmer. Also the newer printers have features that just make life more convenient like remembering where they are if the power goes out, an actual feature to change filament mid-print.

Sometimes it's brutal, sometimes it's fine. Just roll the dice and hope for the best.

Also somehow I've missed a bunch of updates on this thread and everything is looking awesome. Keep it up trooper!
Everything in life is a gamble yeah? Lol

And I always appreciate your words of encouragement. I know you’re infamous on here and I always hear from TillXValhala on how you’re assisting him. Love your work. Definitely inspires and motivates me to do the best I can. I’m always just worried about the paint job at the end lol

And I always appreciate your words of encouragement. I know you’re infamous on here and I always hear from TillXValhala on how you’re assisting him. Love your work. Definitely inspires and motivates me to do the best I can. I’m always just worried about the paint job at the end lol
He just says that because I throw him secret goodies every so often :p

the build is looking amazing so far, that blue visor on the helmet is beautiful. the armor looks so smooth and the seams look like they were hidden nicely.
Thank you for the props and recognition! Still have a lot of touch ups and more visible seams that it appears but I’ve tried my best to do quality work, especially on the first build I’ve done for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back