Halo 3 ODST Build: My first ever cosplay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

evanthebruce

Hello all! My name is Evan, and as of today I have "finished" my first ever cosplay! Being new to cosplay, I recorded all of my progress, but never posted it anywhere, not wanting to show anything until I knew I would be happy with it. That being said, I will be posting the finished build first, but if people are interested I will post the progress photos I took while making it.

This costume started several years ago. I had gotten a 3D printer for schoolwork, as an architecture student I needed to 3D print quite a lot, and I did not want to wait for the public ones to be available because we often had tight deadlines. I got a large 3D printer, knowing I would want to use it for personal projects as well. The first big one I wanted to try was an ODST helmet. Unfortunately, I had a lot of issues with the printer, and not much space or time to keep it running all the time, so I shelved it and the ODST project until I knew I would have time to work on it.

About 2 years and a pandemic passed and I had finished college, and moved back home. Now I had more space and time to work on personal projects. I also had money I could use to work on projects now too. After a lot of work and troubleshooting, I got the 3D printer working, and got the helmet finished. But once I finished it, I figured that I had the files for the rest of the armor, so I might as well print it too. Now, about 9 months later (working on and off) I finally have it finished!

Attachments

• IMG_4226.jpg
    IMG_4226.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 237
Looks awesome for your first gig! Would love to see some behind the scenes of you making it, and I'm also curious as to what printer you got.

Looks awesome for your first gig! Would love to see some behind the scenes of you making it, and I'm also curious as to what printer you got.
Yeah, I will definitely start uploading those! As for which printer I got, I have an Ender 5+. Cannot recommend it enough if you want to print armor! It does require a lot of tinkering, but the size is so good.

That is wild looking, and it looks like you still retain good mobility. How did you get all the armour connected to the undersuit?
Thanks!

I have decent mobility, the biggest limiting factors are the shins preventing me from being able to go down steps very easily, and the forearms preventing me from bending my arms all the way.

As for mounting to the undersuit, the undersuit is an airsoft vest with mounting points all of it, so most of the pieces are either buckled, duct taped, or zip tied back to it.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    16.3 MB
Last edited:
Hello all! My name is Evan, and as of today I have "finished" my first ever cosplay! Being new to cosplay, I recorded all of my progress, but never posted it anywhere, not wanting to show anything until I knew I would be happy with it. That being said, I will be posting the finished build first, but if people are interested I will post the progress photos I took while making it.

This costume started several years ago. I had gotten a 3D printer for schoolwork, as an architecture student I needed to 3D print quite a lot, and I did not want to wait for the public ones to be available because we often had tight deadlines. I got a large 3D printer, knowing I would want to use it for personal projects as well. The first big one I wanted to try was an ODST helmet. Unfortunately, I had a lot of issues with the printer, and not much space or time to keep it running all the time, so I shelved it and the ODST project until I knew I would have time to work on it.

About 2 years and a pandemic passed and I had finished college, and moved back home. Now I had more space and time to work on personal projects. I also had money I could use to work on projects now too. After a lot of work and troubleshooting, I got the 3D printer working, and got the helmet finished. But once I finished it, I figured that I had the files for the rest of the armor, so I might as well print it too. Now, about 9 months later (working on and off) I finally have it finished!
Looks great, man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back