Halo 3 Odst Fan Made Live Action Short Film

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very cool video! I really like the ghillie suit idea. I have made several ghillie suits, but I never thought of combining them with ODST armor. That was very cool. Dittos, my friend.

kensai111 said:
Not bad at all, let me offer some constructive critique on what would have made it better. A tripod. A quick decal like a red stripe to identify that it was 2 different ODST's... something you can slap on the other character so they're not confused but won't damage the armor taking off :) . The rule of thirds which you followed sort of but it could have been better. Finally, the hand placement on the guns, anyone who's handled a gun will tell you to never have your finger on the trigger until you're ready to shoot.

shootingsthand.jpg

Finally, the last pieces of advice, practice makes perfect, so let's see some more :)

Cheers,

Kensai

Thank you for your complement. i was trying to give the effect that the movie was happening right infront of you with the shaking camera and all. thats why i dident use a tripod. also i understand about the gun thing. i have shot many guns, pistols, shot guns, rifles and i have hunted very successfully. you ar absolutely right about never having your finger on the trigger until you're ready to shoot thing... but this was a for fun thing and i really dident think about enforcing gun safety on the fake guns i used, but next time i will defenently do it

Thanks

Brad

Last edited by a moderator:
Roodkill said:
great stuff! I'm wondering, what program did you use for the gun effects?

Thanks!

i use final cut express and i have a mac!- whitch kinda puts me at a handy cap with the whole pepakura thing- i went onto this websight http://www.detonationfilms.com/ and i downloded the effects there. then i do a trick - complocated - and Vwalla! gun effects and explosions that are very usefull. if you have final cut and are wondering how i do my "trick"... PM me or post so the 405th can benefit! :D

Thanks

Brad!

Whew. I haven't been on here in a while. My armor I was working on a while ago doesn't even fit me anymore... Anyway, I might not yet be an accomplished armormaker, but I do know a little more about making movies than the average bear. Shakycam should be used with caution. It shouldn't really look like it's being "hand-held," all that does is give the impression of someone holding a camera. It has it's uses, but since your camera wasn't a character, I would be careful how you shoot. Someone earlier tried to give some tips on rule of thirds and stuff. That still applies, even when shooting shakycam-style. In the probable event that I seem like I'm full of BS, look at the official live-action HALO ads. Like the arms race thing, or We Are ODST. Even during the handheld-battlefield-running scenes, the framing rules still apply. I hope I'm not coming off too harsh. I really like this and I want to see more. It would be amazing if you could improve your skillz and make even better stuff, though, so that's why I'm trying to help. If I ever finish a set of armor, you can bet I'm going to make a movie or two. Keep making movies, armor, and having fun!

So... You made this over the weekend? Thats funny to me cause I saw this video about three weeks ago and on youtube it says it was uploaded in November... Dont believe me? click the youtube part of the video, it will take you to youtube and you can see when it was uploaded. So from where I am sitting it looks like you are taking credit for something you did not do.

He posted this thread back in November...

SNIPER 118 said:
So... You made this over the weekend? Thats funny to me cause I saw this video about three weeks ago and on youtube it says it was uploaded in November... Dont believe me? click the youtube part of the video, it will take you to youtube and you can see when it was uploaded. So from where I am sitting it looks like you are taking credit for something you did not do.

SNIPER 118 said:

careful observation of his armor in the vid and his avatar pic will divulge the truth...which requires about 5 seconds of your time, however, so i see where the complication arises.

By the way, this is an AWESOME VIDEO!!! its brief, to the point, and easy enough to follow. to a casual halo fan, it will be something worth watching, and to halo-philes like us, its a wonderful little project vid we all can envy. thank you for such a cool vid, and i love the armor as well!

... I see well I guess I need to look more closely at threads... I am vary sorry... I really did like it. It seems that I now look like... Well we all know the word. Im sorry :(

Verry nicely done , Ever tried After effects? Has lots of nice things 2 ^^. Great trailer tho , yeah trailer cause I want to see more.

This is really cool...I will tell me what impresses me the most...The fact that you MADE this at all. Yeah there are things that can be improved but you moved forward and took someting like this from start to finish! Total respect to you for doing it!! Ive worked with people on fan shorts several times and watched budgets and super overplanning turn out garbage that isnt nearly as pleasing as what you have done.

I like it a lot! I'm hoping my ODST series will come out this good :p. You can see my ODST Armor progress in my signature for the details.

SNIPER 118 said:
... I see well I guess I need to look more closely at threads... I am vary sorry... I really did like it. It seems that I now look like... Well we all know the word. Im sorry :(

hey man its al right. thank you all for your positive and negative feedback, if i do more i will use these comments to make it better :)

Brad

Hay man thats pretty sweet. One thing i would suggest is that you spend a little more time perfecting your amrour, just some minor colour differences between the ODST's so that we the viewers do not get confused. Also the pistols, where did you get them from, are they just cap guns or what. other than that SWEET VID!! post more

hey man, armor looks great. I would suggest some dialogue or other type of story context to give the viewer more emotional investment. keep up the good work!

Verra niice!

Kudos for actually making a Halo fanfilm. Amazingly, still an extreme rarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back