Halo 3 Odst Smg Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harris007

Jr Member
Hi 405th

Recently Ive been searching around on the site and net to see what the scaling is to the halo smg. Ive done a lot of research but have come up empty. The sites Ive searched include the 405th, halo wikia, and game magazine sites but none of them have the scale of the odst smg. So as a last resort I am posting this thread asking the members of the 405th what their best guess of the scaling of the suppressed smg.

The M6C/SOCOM variant has an integrated sound suppressor.

Official Designation: M6 PDWS (Personal Defense Weapon System)

Common Slang Terms: Go-mag, cannon, hand cannon, power drill, HE pistol, heavy pistol

Cartridge: 12.7mm x 40 SAP-HE (semi-armor-piercing, high-explosive)

Max. effective range: 50m

Mag. capacity: 8 rounds (6, 12 in some models)

Rate of fire: DAO

Unit cost: 1615 cR.

Dimensions:

• Length o/a: 22.86 cm (9 in.) standard

• 26.7 cm (10.5 in.) 'up-sized'

• Weight (loaded/12 rnds): 1.8 kg (4.09 lbs) standard

• 2.7 kg (5.95 lbs) 'up-sized'

There you go,

This info is in the field guide on the Bungie Odst page.

Good luck with your build!

-Techbot

Techbot said:
There you go,

This info is in the field guide on the Bungie Odst page.

Good luck with your build!

-Techbot

Thank you for your quick reply and your willingness to answer but thats for the m6c. Im looking for the M7S SMG

Last edited by a moderator:
Ronster said:
Tech? That's the pistol, my friend.

The SMG:

• Length:
  • (extended): 62.7 cm (24.68 in.)
  • (retracted): 47.4 cm (18.66 in.)

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/M7/Caseless_Submachine_Gun

That's the size of the SMG itself. You can use that, then add a silencer that looks good.

I already looked at that. I have a file from WMHunterTLS so i need the scale of the whole thing not just barrel to gun stock

Harris007 said:
Thank you for your quick reply and your willingness to answer but thats for the m6c. Im looking for the M7S SMG

Ummm.... I think my computer double posted this message. At least thats how it appears on my sceen. Anyways mods can you please remove the second reply if there is one and this reply

If you know the scale of the SMG itself, you can use that to calculate the silencer length. Unfortunately I'm pretty busy lately so I can't do it, but if someone's willing to take the time...there ya go.

Just did some quick CAD scaling to come up with the numbers, so these should be pretty good:

Total length of the silenced SMG, with extended stock: 35.25 inches / 89.5 cm

Length of just the silencer: 12.75 inches / 32.4 cm

Ruze789 said:
Just did some quick CAD scaling to come up with the numbers, so these should be pretty good:

Total length of the silenced SMG, with extended stock: 35.25 inches / 89.5 cm

Length of just the silencer: 12.75 inches / 32.4 cm

Thanks Ruze. I did some estimations of my on and came up with thescaling of 32 in. Just about 3 inches shorter than yours. I wish it had been sooner that i recieved this reply as i have already started building. Anyways thanks for your effort.

Ruze, I'm not a gun expert but I think your scaling might be a little off. A foot long silencer on a 2 foot long gun just seems weird to me

Well if you look at a reference pic of the gun you will see that the gun silencer is roughly about 1/3 of the whole weapon. Which makes it quite a large silencer but its just how the creators did it. So if you do the math, since the gun is 2 feet and and the receiver and extended stock makes 2/3 of the weapon overall the 1/3 must be around 1 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back