Halo 3 ODST Visors

Status
Not open for further replies.
hihihi y not put vacforming tutorial?

Because I attempted Vacuum forming and its a pain in the ass. After several failed attempts I decided to find an easier way to accomplish the same look, and this turned out really well. So I thought I would share it with the community.

Do those looking for acetate, a simple google search for "acetate sheets" will provide a plethora of results. I may have linked a specific site near page 2 of the thread, but I can't remember right now, and if you are too lazy to look through the thread then I am too lazy to double check myself...

I'm just a noob of making a helmet. Hope you can solve these few questions ;-P
1. how thick was your plastic sheet?
2. will i can't see through if i spary it both side?
3. what type of paper of making pep is the best?
4. using what to gule the visors? hot gule? UHU?
Sorry for my poor English...

Because I attempted Vacuum forming and its a pain in the ass. After several failed attempts I decided to find an easier way to accomplish the same look, and this turned out really well. So I thought I would share it with the community.

That is good to know. I was debating if I should build a vacuform machine. Now you answered my question. I thin I will build the visor your way. Just another question if anyone tried tinting using floor polish. In the scale model world, modelers use Future (now Pledge) floor polish toput a final gloss cover over the model. Did anyone try add color to the floor polish and dip the final visor in it? It should come out glossy with any tint you want.

That is good to know. I was debating if I should build a vacuform machine. Now you answered my question. I thin I will build the visor your way. Just another question if anyone tried tinting using floor polish. In the scale model world, modelers use Future (now Pledge) floor polish toput a final gloss cover over the model. Did anyone try add color to the floor polish and dip the final visor in it? It should come out glossy with any tint you want.

Never heard of that method of tinting the visor. Maybe try it with a sample and let us know how it turns out

I'm just a noob of making a helmet. Hope you can solve these few questions ;-P
1. how thick was your plastic sheet?
2. will i can't see through if i spary it both side?
3. what type of paper of making pep is the best?
4. using what to gule the visors? hot gule? UHU?
Sorry for my poor English...

1. Don't remember what I recommended before, look through the rest of this thread and there are some answers
2. You probably won't be able to see if you spray both sides, but I don't see the point. if you want it darker just do a second coat on the first side
3. Cardstock. the heavier the weight the better
4. I just used normal hot glue. It worked alright, but popped off eventually (like after a year)

A question for scaling the piece. Is it based on the rookie's height or master chiefs?

I am pretty sure the helmet file is scaled based on the rookie. I don't remember messing with the scale too much, but if you aren't sure build a a cheap paper tester first to check your size

I am pretty sure the helmet file is scaled based on the rookie. I don't remember messing with the scale too much, but if you aren't sure build a a cheap paper tester first to check your size
ok, now how tall is the rookie exactly so I can scale this down to my size. (i'm pretty short so I'll have to scale it down.)

Sweet dude! Thank you so much I've been looking for an easy way to do this for so long. Where do you get the nite-shade?

What Krylon product do I need to make a gold visor I can see through?

i really dont think you can do it with krylon........ they make mostly spray paints not tints. if your in the US then find a micheals art store and ask for Design Master brilliant gold 731. light coats give you a slightly reflective and one way gold visor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back