Halo 3 on ebay!(New halo 3 commercial) (post#3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leadingspartan

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HALO-3-the-real-dea...1QQcmdZViewItem
There you go Seller is 100% positive feedback.

Luck Plunkett at Kotaku said this-
"Guy Probably works, or knows someone, who works for microsoft, a magazine or a major retailer. Since todays September 11, and the games out in only two weeks, the game would definitly already be here in warehouses, ect."
Hope this isnt the cast...otherwise leave the interwebs.

Omg who locked my other topic??? Please post here why.

Leadingspartan said:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HALO-3-the-real-dea...1QQcmdZViewItem
There you go Seller is 100% positive feedback.

Luck Plunkett at Kotaku said this-
"Guy Probably works, or knows someone, who works for microsoft, a magazine or a major retailer. Since todays September 11, and the games out in only two weeks, the game would definitly already be here in warehouses, ect."
Hope this isnt the cast...otherwise leave the interwebs.

Link doesn't work

Last edited by a moderator:
get off the interwebs... spoilers coming shortly.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HALO-3-the-real-dea...DVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZ

84b11wp6.jpg

25211uh8.jpg

Possibly real, the game should be shipping to stores now so that they have copies on the release date (happens all the time with books). I have some buddies that work at GameStop & they verified that they have done the same thing.

Don't bother asking them to sell it to you early though as they would be penalized by M$; the most common are:
1) Fined, possibly in the thousands of dollars for each copy sold early
2) The would not be shipped new titles from M$ undtil the release date (meaning they won't get theirs possibly until a week after the release date, this translates into hundreds of dollars of losses)
3) In order to avoid the above, the company may fire not only the person who sold a copy, but the entire staff

The person who is selling this probably had his auction pulled by e-bay, they do check what is being sold to ensure that it is legal. It takes them time to get around though. They likely forwarded the information to M$ or M$ notified e-bay of the violation & tracked the offender. Since stores risk the above penalties, they will assume the game was stolen.

BTW using ebay to sell stolen goods is a good way to get caught. Corporations watch ebay and other auction sites for their product, and occasionally but the items to make sure they item is theirs; and if it is, they prosecute the thief.

Our game distributor is releasing it to us early (21st) , but we have to sign a waiver that we won't release it to the public before the 25th.

If we were total idiots, we could do what this person did... but I don't like to dress up for court. :lol:

Sean Bradley said:
Our game distributor is releasing it to us early (21st) , but we have to sign a waiver that we won't release it to the public before the 25th.

If we were total idiots, we could do what this person did... but I don't like to dress up for court. :lol:

You won't release to the public...that doesn't mean you couldn't "borrow" a copy and play it at home..lol..

Theres a topic on the bungieforum with some people talking about gamestop allowing their employees to "rent" Halo 3 and make sure the "game isn't defective"..lol......

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that this is normally allowed, but due to the demand for this item they probably have even tighter restrictions. Like when Harry Potter 7 came out, we were not even allowed to open the boxes before July 21.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back