Halo 3 Security Marathon: Helmet WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey 405th, I'm here again with the Security helmet. I believe I am the first to use the pepakura version, and the second to ever make it (Propcustomz was the first to ever make the helmet, and he made it from scratch. It is truly amazing).

This helmet was fairly easy to build, and can be found here: http://halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki/Security

Well anyway, lets roll out the pictures:

Pepped Helmet
127.jpg

126.jpg

The helmet might looked warped in the second image, but trust me its not. It just needs support since there is no visors supporting it.

Well yeah, stay tuned for more. Next weekend I will be resining this helmet and my Recon Helmet.

UPDATE: The helmet has been resined. But I ran out of Fiberglass mating while doing so. Until next weekend, I will show you guys the helmet when it is done being fiberglassed and everything. After that it will be bondo and then paint.

I think warping happened a little buit because of the wind. Still deciding on making some saftey struts to fix it..
015-1.jpg

i would go and make a strut to stick in where the visor will be just for the fibreglassing stage. you say now that you've got no warpage, just wait til that paper has some real weight to it, it's gonna buckle like a b!7ch... you can cut it out later, but if you don't put one in you might be sorry that you didn't and might have to start again. that would be a huge shame as i really want to see this baby come to fruition, i just don't see many security helmets around here :) ...

UPDATE TIME!!

Damn its been a while since I've done an update. lol
But anyway, I am finally back to work on this helmet. The only reason I stopped was because during the resining stage, this helmet unfortunately got crushed and hardened in that shape.
Surprisingly I did not take a picture, but lets just say the top of the helmet was touching the bottom.. Yeah, it was that bad. lol
So, looking at the helmet the other day, I was VERY close to throwing it in the trash. But I decided to give it one last try, and put some struts to fix the shape.
Well luckily, that did the trick!

Pictures:

I forgot to take a picture of the helmet with the struts, but here is it anyway after they were removed.
IMG_9182.jpg

First coat of bondo, will put another one on for some more strength. If you look near the top of the helmet, you'll see a hole from where the strut was.
IMG_9184.jpg

The struts really did help out keeping the shape, and I would really like to thanks Stiilus for giving me the advice about it.
So yeah, stay tuned for the next update. And I hope you all dig the helmet.

struts are good but its better to pep in the visor as well that way it gives it more of a rigid structure. then you can cut out the visor later. a plus to this is if you need a special type of visor, you can vac form the visor using the cut out one as a template,

struts are good but its better to pep in the visor as well that way it gives it more of a rigid structure. then you can cut out the visor later. a plus to this is if you need a special type of visor, you can vac form the visor using the cut out one as a template,

I tried that but it didn't work out cause there were not tabs to glue it to. I need the struts anyway because the helmet got crushed.
Either way I'm happy. Tell me your opinions on the helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back