Halo 3 Tourney

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok all, so I'm looking into organizing a halo 3 tourney. I just have to work out some finer details on how to go about adminstering it. Who all would be interested? There would be a [small] entry fee (which means prizes are to be had). It will not be limited to 405th members, but anyone who wants to play and pay. Just an idea I thoguht of last night and figured I'd let you all know and find out who's interested. For easy tabulation I'm going to make this a poll, so if you respond PLEASE vote, and even if you dont respond at least vote. It MAYBE over the 4th of july or something (date not set in stone, just throwing that out there for an idea)

You could have something along the lines of having a group of "referees", who is an extra player in the game that makes sure that all conversations and and gameplay is legitimate and fair. Have, say, 8 referees so that 8 tournament games can be played at once, and then have them all join one Xbox LIVE Party once their particular match is finished, and discuss the results and the next set of matches.

I would recommend a 4 vs. 4 tournament or an 8 player free-for-all tournament, or something similar. Usually, "MLG Pros" take all of the 2 vs. 2 tournaments, and smaller free-for-all tournaments center more on "who can camp the most", which is never any fun.

I'll help if you'd like, just contact me on LIVE when you want to set the whole thing up.

Oh, and use Bungie.net to advertise the tournament if you want a lot of players in very little time. Give it a day and you'll be close to filling up all of the available spots.

Looking for a referee,
Your best chance would to actually play the game on forge, And do it so only the party leader (Referee) can go into montior mode, and when they do so, Are invunerable, Allowing them to monitor the whole game and remain unharmed.

The Stig said:
Looking for a referee,
Your best chance would to actually play the game on forge, And do it so only the party leader (Referee) can go into montior mode, and when they do so, Are invunerable, Allowing them to monitor the whole game and remain unharmed.

But that would also give other players the chance to cheat and spawn objects of their choosing. Even if Forge mode is set to Party Leader only, other players can simple change into Forge mode from the start menu.

Last edited by a moderator:
box o crayons said:
its fine its not like you could put a killball in their spawn or anything cheap like that

wow just play mlg rules and mlg maps i have them ill put it in my fileshare as to the referees just look at the theater if there's a dispute

Last edited by a moderator:
excellent, so there is at least a small interest group (so far....and for both players and refs). Gonna keep monitoring this and asking around and hopefully the interest group gets larger.

What are the MLG rules and maps? (i suppose I could search for an MLG website lol). I may DL those from you Godsarmor

I wouldn't recommend the MLG rules and such, since they attract "MLG pros", who end up always taking the win anyways. Keep the fun by not keeping MLG in the tournament is my advice.

I'll ref if you want, just shoot me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back