Props Halo 3 Weapons - 3D Models

Should I release the elite?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NuggetWarmer

So guess what I've been up to lately? Well, besides having my computer crash on me... I've been hard at work making some weapons from Halo 3... the models anyway. Here's what I've been up to:

Finished:
SpartanLaserFINAL-1.jpg

Sp'laser unfolded by Ral Partha! - http://www.4shared.com/file/38513771/ae8b6..._by_Nugget.html
MPodredoredo2.jpg

Flamebait.jpg

WIP:
FlameThrower6.jpg

TurretWIP-1.jpg

Anyway, I need to import them into Pepakura once I get it installed on my computer. Once that's done I'll send the files over to somebody who can unfold them nicely for me.

Constructive criticism is welcomed!

Also, what should I make next?

Very nice!, can you put wire frames up? the spartan laser and mini gun are particularly bad arse!

a lil tip frmo me to you is that you might need to cut up some of the bigger flat peices to get them tofit onto paper lol. trust me ive done it before.

I'm pretty sure these files would be legal, since you are building them from the ground up. So if you wanted to send one to me, I'd be happy to make it into an unfolded PDO for ya. That said, I totally understand if you don't want to send your work out to people without some measure of security. If that's the case, I'd still be up for unfolding one or two.

NZ-TK said:
Very nice!, can you put wire frames up? the spartan laser and mini gun are particularly bad arse!

i think that is the rocket turret.

how long did this take to you to make?

Last edited by a moderator:
silvercookie said:
i think that is the rocket turret.

how long did this take to you to make?

It's the minigun. >_>

The Spartan Laser took roughly six hours to make. The Missile Pod was my first plane modeled weapon, so that took about ten. The firebomb took about 30 minutes. :D

Oh, and the WIPs are... er... I dunno how long I've been working on those.

Also, I count the time worked in 3ds Max, not the time spent in between breaks/sleep/eat/interbutts

Maybe. I'm not actually making these just for you guys anyway. I'm making them for a Halo mapping team for CE. We're recreating the multiplayer maps/weapons from Halo 3. So I really make whatever my team needs. Right now, we don't need the pistol. Although, if I get bored I might try it out. :3

I'm making them for a Halo mapping team for CE. We're recreating the multiplayer maps/weapons from Halo 3.

Did you maybe post textured versions of these models on another website? Because I have a bunch of H3 models, including the Missile Pod, Splaser, and Chaingun...

The flame 'nade looks rather similar to the one I made. I think the top of mine looks a little more accurate, but I left out that second row of tiny spikes at the bottom.

They're good models, man. Nice work.

Garland said:
Did you maybe post textured versions of these models on another website? Because I have a bunch of H3 models, including the Missile Pod, Splaser, and Chaingun...

The flame 'nade looks rather similar to the one I made. I think the top of mine looks a little more accurate, but I left out that second row of tiny spikes at the bottom.

They're good models, man. Nice work.

I haven't textured any of them. o_o Which ones are you talking about? I'd also like to see your firebomb. I used a front reference and bottom reference for mine. I don't think it's misshapen. :p

EDIT:
I've got the wireframe for the Sp'laser. I forgot I took one right before I posted this topic. XD
LaserWireframe.jpg

It's kind of hard to explain, but you know those ridges on the top that stick out? From what I can see they stick out from the side and the top on your model, but in the references I saw they also stick out from the lower part of the top too, that tapers down towards the orange center-section. That's the way I modeled mine; if you did that too than I apologise for missing it...

You'll get to see my firebomb in a few days, when I post my grenade pack.

And I can tell you now that when the Splaser is unfolded there's going to be a lot of big pieces that won't fit on one page, and pep won't let you just split it in half. It always cuts it longways or diagonally (I don't know exactly how to fix that, aside from adding unnecessary lines on the model). I know that from unfolding supertaco's Splaser.

Nugget said:
So I really make whatever my team needs. Right now, we don't need the pistol. Although, if I get bored I might try it out. :3

Any chance your team needs a gravity hammer (c'mon - everybody needs a gravity hammer) :cool:

DogWizard said:
Any chance your team needs a gravity hammer (c'mon - everybody needs a gravity hammer) :cool:

Actually, we don't... nor did we need a Sp'laser, but I didn't like the old one we were using.

I don't like our Gravity Hammer either. ;P

Wow! amazing work!

i wish i had the skill to work with it in Pep... I would really like a SpLaser, hope someone can do it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back